Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my 2009 RTL is having dual exhuast put in next Friday, stainless tubing, polished square tips, removing the resonator, and putting a turbo muffler on. And no RICEY sound.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
If you can, try and get the installer to let you take pics of the removal of your old system and the install of your new, so we can see what this entails. We've seen a lot of installed systems, but none being done and that would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will surely be there as the install in done. I'll post the before, during and after pics. I know the current exhaust system is very constricting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Duel exhuast will be installed tomorrow morning. I will post pics and a link to youtube for the vid clip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finished product, going to be adding different tips this week. Very nice sound, low rumble, minimal drone, and NO RICEY SOUND.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the stainless tips that are going to be installed. All exhaust tubing will be painted black.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Great photos. The drivers side bend looks very restrictive, but maybe it's the angle of the photo. The new tips should look good with that 09 bumper....was there any additional hangers installed for the pipes

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
We're enjoying your pics. Keep posting more. thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah two additional hangers were MIG welded to the frame and on the pipes 3 inches back from the tips.

·
Registered
46 Posts
sound clip! sound clip! sound clip!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No worries, I will post the sound clips tomorrow night. And I'll post a few more clips after I install the new tips on Saturday. The current tips have a slight baffle inside, so the new tips should add just a little more growl.

·
Registered
463 Posts
1-Do you know what model turbo muffler?
2-Can you do a sound clip at highway speed from in side your truck?
3-About how much did it cost?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Drone isn't bad at all, barely noticeable. All together for the muffler, tips and installation was $300. The damn tips were the most expensive: http://www.stainless-specialties.com/products2a.htm

I'll find out which Flow Master Turbo muffler it is....

I'll post some vid clips of inside noise at highway speeds....

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Finished product, going to be adding different tips this week. Very nice sound, low rumble, minimal drone, and NO RICEY SOUND.
The video clip sounds great, almost V-8 ish. Is it just the view angle, or are the pipes very close to the axle boots in the second picture?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Close ups, painted all tubing, muffler, and heat shield with 2000 degree flat black header paint. Wanted everything to blend in with the under carriage.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts