Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a single inlet dual outlet flowsound muffler installed. Here is the clips. Let me know what you think!!

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
One of the better ones I've heard. As long as there is no drone at cruise I would say it worked out well. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Forgive me for sounding ignorant and please don't take this the wrong way. . What's the purpose for making a ridgeline dual exhaust? Is there any benefit other than aesthetic looks-sound, can it improve fuel economy?

Thanks in advance for replies.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sounds great! Love it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgive me for sounding ignorant and please don't take this the wrong way. . What's the purpose for making a ridgeline dual exhaust? Is there any benefit other than aesthetic looks-sound, can it improve fuel economy?

Thanks in advance for replies.
Yes it can improve fuel economy and power. I haven't noticed much of a difference other than improved low end torque but I love the sound as well.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Did a muffler shop fabricate it or did you buy it?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It is all custom. There is no dual exhaust kit for the ridgeline that I know of.
Great I have an awesome exhaust shop nearby. He did my Mach 1's 20 years ago with custom 3". I suppose he can bend one up for this thing but I want it out the back.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If it improves gas mileage, don't you think Honda would have put dual exhaust on the Ridgeline by now?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Not if costs outweigh profit on a few more sold for the additional 2 mpg.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it improves gas mileage, don't you think Honda would have put dual exhaust on the Ridgeline by now?
Not necessarily. If they were so focused on fuel mileage they would have made a motor specifically for that. Not to mention dual exhaust on a vehicle does not alone improve fuel mileage. it has nothing to do with there being two pipes. a lot has to do with the muffler. if you were to open the factory muffler i'm sure it is very restrictive to cut down on the noise. opening up the muffler some can improve the flow which intern can improve fuel mileage on some vehicles. however like i said this is a gamble. it improved my fuel mileage 1 to 2 miles per gallon but it is very difficult to test it accurately because it is hard to drive the exact same road the exact same way every time. I did not purchase the exhaust for the fuel mileage. it was just an upgrade that I wanted to do for sound and looks. To each their own.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like it! What muffler did you use? I am looking to do that on my RTX.

·
Registered
526 Posts
It was cut right behind the muffler. So the factory resonator and the factory muffler are gone. It is a single in dual out flowsound muffler.
Want to modify my exhaust, want a more aggressive sound but not loud or droney.

Because of bad luck in the past would consider keeping factory resonator.

But I would like to know how restrictive it is. Is it a straight through resonator where you can see light through it....or is it a restrictive chamber type.

This will determine what type of muffler I will get or whether I want to change out the resonator as well.

Also...how restrictive was the factory muffler? Could you see light through it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
526 Posts
Overall I like the sound of your exhaust l, but there is no real way to tell how it actually sounds till you try it and drive it in your own vehicle unfortunately.

So far the Flowmaster type custom exhausts appear to produce the best results in custom exhaust applications, and Flowsounds appear to be half the price of Flowmaster.

Would like to know what type of Flowsound muffler it was (model #).

I for one would likely stick with a single exit pipe with a dual tips for appearance rather than attempt a dual exhaust looking system. Had to much bad luck in the past with getting the two exit pipes to be lined up correctly.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Went to Midas today for a quote (reputable independent muffler shops were closed) they quoted 275.00 to purchase and install a Flowmaster muffler.

They also initially tried to tell a 40 was quieter than a 50.

Is it just me or is this an EXTREMELY high price. I would never pay that amount.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts