Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get my truck, I plan to install a DVD system with monitors in the headrest. I currently have a system in another vehicle that uses headphones and a FM mudulator. The FM modulator really sucks. Could there be away to plug something in to the AUX jack to pick up the signal? This way you could use the AUX button instead of FM?? Any ideas?? Iguess it would have to be battery powered too

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Well, depending on which model you have, the RTL with Navi has an AUX jack on the dash that can be used for external audio. The RTL without SR can accomidate an external auxiliary adapter (read BamaRidge's post on this subject) using the available 14-pin connector in the rear of the HU. As for the RTS and RT, I'm not familiar with the radios of those models. I have an RTL with SR and XM and I'm in the process of finding a solution for adding an external auxiliary adapter to my HU. :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I saw this Pioneer unit at an electronics store.

http://www.avic-n1.com/interact.asp

Expensive. For RTS and RTL's w/o SR, can tie into the unused Head unit Aux jack(via converter) as mentioned in previous posts. It has a breadth of features. In-dash Navigation, DVD player, MP3 player. Has a second small footprint control box which appears to have a variety of audio-in, video-in, and video-out ports to drive other monitors(overhead or headrest) and appears to have the flexibility to connect your MP3(i.e. ipods) or Sat Radio.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
greenridge said:
I saw this Pioneer unit at an electronics store.

http://www.avic-n1.com/interact.asp

Expensive. For RTS and RTL's w/o SR, can tie into the unused Head unit Aux jack(via converter) as mentioned in previous posts. It has a breadth of features. In-dash Navigation, DVD player, MP3 player. Has a second small footprint control box which appears to have a variety of audio-in, video-in, and video-out ports to drive other monitors(overhead or headrest) and appears to have the flexibility to connect your MP3(i.e. ipods) or Sat Radio.
With this particular unit, I think you will ability to contol the HU via the steering wheel mounted controls. :cool:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone...my issue is that I'm getting the NAV and want to run an aux input for the DVD in order to have sound through the stereo as well as the IR headphones. The modulator I have in my other vehicle is terrible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts