Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the dynolock. I'm looking for the body plug to route the cable inside but can't find it. I'm looking all between the front and rear door. How big is the plug? And does it face down, or is it vertical so it faces towards the center of the truck?

This is the step I'm on:

"8.Find the black plastic body plug located under the vehicle directly beneath the center pillar between the drivers side front and back doors."

I'm laying on the ground, head directy under the pillar and I see nothing.

Any help is appreciated.
Kevin

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. Damn old age. Without my glasses, the plub looked like a metal torx screw.

Kevin

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other than the above mentioned "problem" during the install, it's been great. The lock along with the Retrax has been a great addition for tailgaiting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
HEY!!

I don't mean to come of as being IMMATURE...but what is the purpose of the DYNOLOCK??

I can't seem to find the meaning of the lock or what it's for...I know it goes on the back door of my truck, but for what reason??

Any clarification would help...thanks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
HEY!!

I don't mean to come of as being IMMATURE...but what is the purpose of the DYNOLOCK??

I can't seem to find the meaning of the lock or what it's for...I know it goes on the back door of my truck, but for what reason??

If you have a retrax or other style locking cover, the dynolock will allow the tailgate to lock creating a secure enclosure within the bed of the truck.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
HEY!!

Several Ridgline owners have hard Tonneau covers that lock.
The purpose of the Dynolock is to lock the tailgate so the bed can be secured.

Edit: I must have been typing slowly, while smroycro posted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you have a retrax or other style locking cover, the dynolock will allow the tailgate to lock creating a secure enclosure within the bed of the truck.
Thank you thank you. That helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Several Ridgline owners have hard Tonneau covers that lock.
The purpose of the Dynolock is to lock the tailgate so the bed can be secured.

Edit: I must have been typing slowly, while smroycro posted.
HEY RIDER!!!

It makes sense and definitely seems like one would need it if they placed valuables in the bed. Seems like an economical choice if one didn't have an alarm. I have the new VIPER 1mileRAnge and the install guys made sure the trunk pin was modified through the cargo and door. GOOD STUFF HUH??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Please explain, DSOM.
The trunk pin that comes with an alarm system was utilized for the door on my bed and the cargo door. The instal guys might have included a secondary trunk pin, but nonetheless works in the same fashion. If at any point the alarm is armed and the cargo door or back door opens, it trips the alarm and sends a signal to my handheld LCD Monitor/REMOTE.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
HEY RIDER!!!

It makes sense and definitely seems like one would need it if they placed valuables in the bed. Seems like an economical choice if one didn't have an alarm. I have the new VIPER 1mileRAnge and the install guys made sure the trunk pin was modified through the cargo and door. GOOD STUFF HUH??
IMHO, locks and alarms help keep mostly honest people honest. Most locks can be broken, and I can't tell you how often I've been in a parking lot with a car alarm blaring, and people walking right past the car ignoring it.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
...and I can't tell you how often I've been in a parking lot with a car alarm blaring, and people walking right past the car ignoring it.
True... If someone sets their alarm to go off if a bumble bee passes gas next to it, I'm going to walk on by (holding my breath, depending on the size of the bee). ;)

However, I have never seen a car alarm blaring with someone ripping out a radio with people walking by. :eek:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
True... If someone sets their alarm to go off if a bumble bee passes gas next to it, I'm going to walk on by (holding my breath, depending on the size of the bee). ;)

However, I have never seen a car alarm blaring with someone ripping out a radio with people walking by. :eek:
My point was:

His alarm has a trigger on his tailgate...No radio to rip out of the bed! It would only take a second to pop open the tailgate with noone seeing it...But people seem to ignore any blaring alarm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can't remember the last time I even turned my head when I heard a car alarm going off!
Too many people setting their own off now a days!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I did my install today. It was a little tricky for me, but was a great day working on my truck. Jim was great at Dynolock, I called him several times to ask questions and he was very patience in answering my questions. Thanks again Jim! I was wondering if anyone had some great ideas on how they ran the cable under the truck? There are a lot of moving parts under there!!

Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got my Dynolock today. It was included with my Retrax tonneau shipment. Thank God they have fairly decent pictures on their website for the install! The B&W images on the instruction sheet they sent with the unit leave much to be desired!!!!!!!!! Now, if the foul weather would just let up I could get to work installing it!!!!!:D

·
Registered
213 Posts
I did my install today. It was a little tricky for me, but was a great day working on my truck. Jim was great at Dynolock, I called him several times to ask questions and he was very patience in answering my questions. Thanks again Jim! I was wondering if anyone had some great ideas on how they ran the cable under the truck? There are a lot of moving parts under there!!

Thanks
I used Ty-Raps and routed the wire along the emergency brake lines, over the rear wheel and up thru the hole in the bumper near the lower hinge of the tail gate. Then up into the tail gate, make sure to leave enough slack that the tail gate acn open BOTH ways. Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts