Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dynolock installation was a snap. I downloaded the pix off the internet and they were much more clear in color than the (too black) black and white images on the instruction sheet. Only problem I've found is that sometimes the tailgate and doors will lock without me touching the lock button on the key. They even locked one time when the key was laying on the tailgate. Can't figure that one out!!!!!:D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Dynolock installation was a snap. I downloaded the pix off the internet and they were much more clear in color than the (too black) black and white images on the instruction sheet. Only problem I've found is that sometimes the tailgate and doors will lock without me touching the lock button on the key. They even locked one time when the key was laying on the tailgate. Can't figure that one out!!!!!:D
If you don't open a door after unlocking them they will relock automaticly in about 30 sec. Opening the tail gate will not prevent the relocking function.:mad:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Chuck,

Thanks. I just verified you are correct. But I don't understand the reasoning for that. There are times I might want to get into the back end and not re-enter the vehicle................and not want it locked. I don't get it?:confused: Guess I'll have to read to manual more thoroughly!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Chuck,

Thanks. I just verified you are correct. But I don't understand the reasoning for that. There are times I might want to get into the back end and not re-enter the vehicle................and not want it locked. I don't get it?:confused: Guess I'll have to read to manual more thoroughly!!!!!:rolleyes:
The tailgate does not have a sensor in it to stop the reset. The doors do.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Chuck,

After digesting your response and re-reading the manual, I understood what was going on.

As I was standing at the tailgate checking the functioning of the lock, I'd lock and unlock the doors. The doors would relock because I'd not entered the vehicle before the 30 seconds was up. As far as the vehicle knew, I'd unlocked the doors to get in and had changed my mind..............so it relocked it'self! And, as you said, the vehicle doesn't recognize the tailgate, so it didn't know I'd opened it.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Has anyone attempted to wire the Dynolock into the trunk lock which supposidly also locks automatically along with the doors?
The trunk doesnt work the way you're envisioning.
The trunk does indeed lock with the doors but its got a different logic to it, its not an actuator style lock.

I was barking up that tree too....no dice. But tapping that rear door lock harness wasnt all that bad.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a Leer topper with the locking option, so I'm hoping that I can just tie the DynoLock into it since it's wiring is already in place at the LH rear corner of the bed.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a Leer topper with the locking option, so I'm hoping that I can just tie the DynoLock into it since it's wiring is already in place at the LH rear corner of the bed.
Worked like a charm, glad I didn't have to run the wiring all the way to the front. :cool:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Just installed the Electronic tailgate lock this past weekend, (finally) it was an easy install the hardest part was figuring where to run the wires from front to back, I zipped it to the brakes line then over the tire well and frame then up through the light assembly, this took longer to do than actually removing the tailgate and seatbelt assembly, it been working fine since.
didn't take any pics, because the online and printed instructions was exactly what you saw when doing it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts