Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Why not wire the dynolock to the trunk wiring?? then it would activate from the key fob?
Thats the same question i have ive been looking at the dyno lock and have been wondering the same thing. when i get my lock im definitly going to look into that. but it would be nice to know if any one has tried that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need better Installation Procedures for DynoLock

I'm interested in purchasing a DynoLock for my 2007 Ridgeline. I've looked at the website and find the installation procedures lacking to say the least. In the past I thought someone posted better procedures with lots of detailed pictures. Does anyone have these?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I do not recall a post with photos on the Dynalock installation. It took me about two hours to install mine, and I found the instructions from the company to be very adequate. The most challenging parts of the installation process, for me, were fishing the wire up the B pillar on the drivers side into the cabin and deciding how to route the wire under the truck. The locking mechanism itself may need some tweaking to align the actuator arm to prevent the tailgate mechanism from functioning. The piece on the actuator arm is aluminum, so it is easy to bend to get the best alignment. Oh, yea, the top trim piece on the tailgate is tricky to reinstall.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i just recently bought the retrax and i got the dyno lock for free. i installed it a 3 weeks ago and it works great. when it cam to routing the wires i wire tied it to the brake cable them i ran it along the frame and into the wheel well above the covers and then down to the back and secured the wiring up behind the l/h taillight and then right into the tailgate. so far so good . btw i also had to adjust the arm a bit to get it to lock properly so before you put the cover on i recommend testing the lock . other than that good luck

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Dynolock was installed over a year ago. It operates with the trunk and doors and has been fine. I believe if manhandled it may bend but most are not going to try that. I have a Retrax and enjoy good bed security. I travel a lot with golf clubs in the trunk and luggage in the bed. I sometimes drive close to seven hours (450 miles) and recently got an audio book CD from the library. It's a good way to may the miles more enjoyable.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My DynaLock has been working just fine for 8 months; it is great in conjunction with the RETRAX retractable cover. This is a very satisfying modification.

If you are the least bit concerned about a failure of the Dynalock to operate, I recall mention that a forum member tied a string/cord to the locking mechanism inside the tailgate and left part of it hanging out of the tailgate. In the event of a failure, h/she would just pull the string to dislodge the actuator mechanism. I do no know the details of this setup. Another forum member had a problem and drilled a hole in the inside of the tailgate so a screwdriver could be inserted to move the actuator. That post had photos and measurements of where to drill.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Thanks, but it looks like it is a mixed review of this product. Still it appears more are happier than disappointed. I am still a little nervous. I wish I would have read this thread before purchasing, but I wanted the security of it being locked. I was definitely sold on the Retrax cover from other threads and watching the presentation on line at their web site.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I installed mine myself in October and haven't had any problems (touch wood). Very happy with it.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Anybody know anything about the pop n lock??
The last input we received from Pop-N-Lock stated sometime around Easter. Unless there are still engineering delays, we should see them available soon.

Look for a group buy to be organized when they are available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know how to get the attention of Dynolock. I placed an order about a week and a half ago, hadn't heard anything from them so I sent an email to their email address (Jim I think). I just wanted to know the status of my order.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I installed mine today. Call Jim if you need a update on your order. He was very helpful with my install. I talked to him a couple of times during the install. I ran into a couple of problems and he was able to talk me Thu.

·
Registered
305 Posts
KE5TCG,

I'm with you on this one! I'd think it should be a lot easier to hook the tailgate lock into the truck lock wiring. I'm just not electronically savy enough to know how to do that.:rolleyes: So if you, or any of the other electrical genius' could show me how, I'll be glad to take a stab at it.:D

·
Registered
305 Posts
UPS Tracking says my Retrax toneau and DynoLock tailgate lock will be delivered tomorrow. So have any of you electronic genius' figured out a way to make the wiring of the lock easier?:confused:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts