Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been too lazy to call my dealer..Does anyone know if our Ridgeys can run E85 fuel?

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
#1 I would not trust anything the dealer told me.

#2 I do NOT know the answer to this question, but I believe all E85 compatible vehicles are supposed to have an E85 sticker on them.

I have not read anything that would lead me to believe that the Ridgeline is designed to run E85.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
What is E85? Never heard of it!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E85 is a very popular fuel here in the midwest. It is 85% ethanol. Many new vehicles(especially Fords) will run on this fuel. Advantages? Right now it only costs $1.79 a gal! Disadvantages? You usually get a mile or two less per gallon.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
It's the fuel of the future, because we grow it. The Ridgeline service manual says:

Normal Driving: Unleaded gasoline with 86 pump octane number or higher
Towing: Towing performance can be affected by high altitude, high temperature, or when climbing steep grades. Therefore, premium fuel is recommended when towing more than 3500 lbs (1590 kg).

Found on Owner Link:

Fuels that exceed the EPA's approved oxygenate percentages for conventional and reformulated gasolines must be clearly labeled on the pump. One example of such a fuel is "E85," which contains 85% ethanol. Do not use such fuels in your vehicle. These fuels will cause performance problems, and may damage your vehicle's engine, fuel system, and emission control system. This damage would not be covered under warranty.

Guess not.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fabulous Detective work! Thank you! And now we ALL know!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts