Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

For the newbies out there...lets not forget our predecessors!!! :) Although, I placed a downpayment on mine on March 8, and drove home with it at 7pm on March 23rd...I basically bought it sight unseen! It was love at first sight. It was not till April I discovered this forum, and for the first time in my life, have become a member of a forum, and faithful member of the ROC! :)

L

·
0 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

For the newbies out there...lets not forget our predecessors!!! :) Although, I placed a downpayment on mine on March 8, and drove home with it at 7pm on March 23rd...I basically bought it sight unseen! It was love at first sight. It was not till April I discovered this forum, and for the first time in my life, have become a member of a forum, and faithful member of the ROC! :)
I was introduced to the Ridgeline in Spetember of 2004 and began tacking poster after poster of her on the walls of my office. I was a "lurker" to this forum starting sometime in February. When I had Ridgena in my name, I became a member. Didn't come out of the closet that I was a Honda employee at the time for a while. Me too Tex..I love my ROC family. I was a member of a forum back in 1995 when my husband died and I joined a widows/widowers group. It helped me then and the ROC helps me now. :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought mine after I saw it at the Philly Auto show in February. Was drooling and thought it would be a pipe dream to own one. I landed a job that would start in May and they make my payments. Bought it on April 15th and it came home on April 25th.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Our Honda salesman gave me a poster back in Sept of 04. We went to the Tampa Car Show in November, 04 specifically to look at one. No luck. Test drove the dealerships first one in February 05, but had to wait til 3/31 for ours to come in.
Confessed by,
"Still hooked in Florida"

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I first learned about the Ridgeline in Sept 2004 when I was purchasing my '05 Ody. I found this website and signed on in Dec. 2004 and have been obsessed ever since.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I first heard about the Ridgeline on/or about June 1st of this year, and bought it 2 weeks later. I had been planning to buy a truck, but Honda wasn't even on my radar at the time. I just happen to be in to have my wife's oil changed (and yes I can hear the giggles from that, and no my wife isn't a robot, I mean her car), when I saw the one they had on the showroom floor. I was very intrigued to say the least and then some guy told me he had one and was towing large things with it and all. I had to try it out so I checked on how long the car was going to be and took it out for a test drive. I then took it off the list of vehicles I was going to buy (because of cost) and went on my merry way. Well after testing other trucks and saying to my wife that you know Honda has a truck, and she was like why haven't we tested that yet, and the rest is pretty much history.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sometime in 04 I found a photo of the this four sunroofed beauty. I printed it off and wrote "I WANT ONE" on it and left it for my wife to find. I spent the rest of the year frantically searching for ANY info. It was so exciting watching this truck evolve. The spy photos, the possible names. Crap, here I sit with my eyes getting misty, this is crazy! Anyway, the day I first seen one in person, I will never forget, expecially showing the salesman all the neat stuff :D I got mine in early march. Then the other day someone posted a picture of the Honda Jet, so I got a picture of it and wrote "I WANT ONE" on it and left it for my wife to find.....You dont want to know :eek: :D

L

·
0 Posts
oridgenL said:
Sometime in 04 I found a photo of the this four sunroofed beauty. I printed it off and wrote "I WANT ONE" on it and left it for my wife to find. I spent the rest of the year frantically searching for ANY info. It was so exciting watching this truck evolve. The spy photos, the possible names. Crap, here I sit with my eyes getting misty, this is crazy! Anyway, the day I first seen one in person, I will never forget, expecially showing the salesman all the neat stuff :D I got mine in early march. Then the other day someone posted a picture of the Honda Jet, so I got a picture of it and wrote "I WANT ONE" on it and left it for my wife to find.....You dont want to know :eek: :D
*****LOLOL :p LOLOL*****

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Luckily, my old '88 Chevy Silverado started breaking down around Christmas last year and really started pissing me off. I started thinking I should just buy a new truck. Thought I wanted the Tacoma, test drove it and went back to the dealer several times to check them out, but read about all the problems with the new '05 "Truck of the Year" and happened across the Ridgeline during my internet research. That opened up a whole new world. Decided to replace the truck and my Civic with one vehicle, the Ridge! I was showing the web pictures of the truck to all my friends and was totally excited about getting one. Test drove the first one in on March 1, and bought mine the next day. Now my old truck sits in front of my neighbor's house (sold both vehicles to his friend and he ended up with the old truck!) and I don't even notice it anymore! Went from being PISSED to being ECSTATIC! Things do happen for a reason!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I saw the first one in January and had been test driving several other trucks up till then. I reviewed everything and it was indeed what I wanted. I bought it without test driving it, based on a demonstration in Virginia in February. I ordered it Feb. 25 and picked it up on March 5. Tickled with it then and now. :) Became a member the day I picked it up. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts