Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all ROC,

I'm pretty proud of my feat since I can barely put my daughters McDonalds toys together.

Aluminum was the most expensive part. Otherwise need a drill and need to buy the bike rack mounts.

I'm sure this job is under $75 and probably takes less than an hour.

55 inch aluminum bar. (needed to be cut)
6 hex nuts and bolts
12 washers
2 or 3 bike rack mounts

Only problem is measuring where to place the bikes. I can fit three road bikes, but 3 mountain bikes might be a no go since their handlebars are more than 18-20 inches wide.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Mountain bikes don't need to be babied like road bikes with carbon fiber frames. You don't need a rack for them, just throw them in the bed and you're done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tie downs have a hole in them that's pretty large. Much larger than the nut and bolts that I used. All you have to do is match up your aluminum bar and drill a hole through. Then attach your bolts. The bar is only connected to the tie downs and not attached to the truck bed.

You can't really use the tied downs cause they are blocked, but you can now use the bar or bike mount for bracing things down.

And yes, this does not work with modern mountain bikes. Those I will use a tailgate cover or tie downs.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,582 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts