Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New BackFlip looks and works great. It was easy to install. A buddy and I outfitted both a Ridgeline and Tundra in a couple of hours (had to go to hardware for star socket).

I get good protection for cargo from weather.

Now I need a tailgate lock that will retrofit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also installed a Bak Flip on our 2007 RTS. So far it works great! But, you are correct, we need a tailgate lock for security. I hope someone has suggestions.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Welcome to the ROC... Pop 'n Lock makes a manual lock that is easy to install. We did a group buy last year. There are a few threads about the lock and some other ones. Just click on the search link at the top.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I'd be willing to run the Pop & Lock Group Buy again, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest. I would need a minimum buy of 55 units.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Thanks to Joe (Pizza Man), I got the Pop & Lock several weeks ago. Couldn't be happier. The lock looks like OEM, and works great. Price was also VERY good.

If you decide on the Pop & Lock, be SURE to read the forum directions for intalling. It's pretty easy, but good instructions are paramount. Don't think you'll find a better lock for the $$.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Please let me know if there is enough intrest.
I'll check with T Mac to see if it's OK to run it again. If so, I'll post another Group Buy Thread. Remember, I'll need to buy 55 units to get the best pricing and Pop & Lock has increased their pricing since the last Group Buy.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I installed the pop & lock about 3 weeks ago and have been very satisfied so far. it provides a reasonable amount of security and the directions were amazing. you essentially use the bracket as the drill guide so it's near impossible to mess it up. the silver matches the OEM silver pretty darn good too. it's been a good product to me so far.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I'd be willing to run the Pop & Lock Group Buy again, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest. I would need a minimum buy of 55 units.
I'm also interested if you move forward with a PnL GB.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can do with no problem. Just be sure to open the bakflip before closing the tailgate - no matter which way you opened it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi,
I'm considering a Bak Flip but want to know how badly the tracks impede the opening of the trunk. Enough to wish you hadn't installed the Bak Flip at all? Do they do any damage to the trunk sides?

I've never seen one up close so don't know if it would be a real problem or not.

Also, I'm considering the pop n lock and wish some people would get group buys going in Canada. Is this something a regular husband could install without flubbing up or should we seek professional help?
Can someone tell me if all these after market add ons make the Honda 3 year warranty null and void?
thanks,
Em

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hi,
I'm considering a Bak Flip but want to know how badly the tracks impede the opening of the trunk. Enough to wish you hadn't installed the Bak Flip at all? Do they do any damage to the trunk sides?

I've never seen one up close so don't know if it would be a real problem or not.

Also, I'm considering the pop n lock and wish some people would get group buys going in Canada. Is this something a regular husband could install without flubbing up or should we seek professional help?
Can someone tell me if all these after market add ons make the Honda 3 year warranty null and void?
thanks,
Em
Here's a pic of the trunk clearnance from my post some time ago. http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=302839&postcount=462 .
I havent heard of there ever being a problem - the rails are in the way but not to the point that its not functional. And I have a full size spare in there so if you can wrestle that in, I think anything else is fine (FYI - Full size spare not in the link above, I got that later).

The springs on the trunk dont open it harshly enough to hurt the rails or the trunk lid.

There is no impact on warranty with regards to a cover or a lock. Maybe if you mis-wired an electric lock - and that is far-fetched, but certainly nothing when it comes to a cover - it bolts on without drilling.

I cant speak to the popnlock, but lots of people here love them. I've had my tailgate apart at least 3 times - I put in my own lock as per ChrisM's DIY $10 lock. The actual tailgate work is easy. Wiring the electric lock wasnt hard but snaking the wires was a pain-I-T-A.

I'd do a search for the popnlock and see what it takes to install - I'm sure you'll find lots here about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts