Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
191 Posts
I used ECON mode almost exclusively during my first year of RL ownership. It, along with auto idle stop, never has really bothered me. Based on input from this forum, I have recently adopted non-ECON mode when using cruise control in hilly terrain. The cruise response seems better in non-ECON, but maybe that's just confirmation bias!

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
On our 2019 the ECON mode does provide us with a marginal fuel MPG increase when used in the city, and I kinda like the softer input in stop-n-go traffic, but has proven to be negative component when used on the highway, especially when pulling a trailer in hilly terrain.

To bring up a related system, how many folks have remained aware of their Ambient Meter on the instrument panel monitoring fuel efficiency?

Bill

·
Registered
201 Posts
On our 2019 the ECON mode does provide us with a marginal fuel MPG increase when used in the city, and I kinda like the softer input in stop-n-go traffic, but has proven to be negative component when used on the highway, especially when pulling a trailer in hilly terrain.

To bring up a related system, how many folks have remained aware of their Ambient Meter on the instrument panel monitoring fuel efficiency?

Bill
I remain aware of the realtime mpg meter. It's cool tech.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Bill, I stay on it. I drive the speed limit but use hyper miling technics . Living in a rural , slightly hilly area helps. In traffic, I modify my driving some as to not inconvenience other “Normal” drivers.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts