Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RL is a 2010 RTL with 105k miles. Check engine light engaged and code is P2185 (engine coolant temp sensor 2). My problem is that I cannot locate the second sensor. Sensor 1 is on the water pump housing and the Honda parts diagram shows sensor 2 as on the thermostat cover (see attached diagram) , but it's not there. Is anyone able to help me locate this sensor so I can change it out?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
My RL is a 2010 RTL with 105k miles. Check engine light engaged and code is P2185 (engine coolant temp sensor 2). My problem is that I cannot locate the second sensor. Sensor 1 is on the water pump housing and the Honda parts diagram shows sensor 2 as on the thermostat cover (see attached diagram) , but it's not there. Is anyone able to help me locate this sensor so I can change it out?

Thanks
FYI, 'did not see an "attached diagram"! :(

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,873 Posts
While 2006-2008 have two coolant sensors, I believe Honda changed 2009- to a single sensor (based on the following diagrams). I don't know how that squares with your P2185 code though.

See item 6 and item 7:

2006-08:

2009-:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I first changed out the upper ECT sensor and that did not resolve the code. I have seen a noticeable drop in mpg, suggesting that this is a real issue rather than a phantom code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts