Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I figured that the weak point of the Ridgeline would be the off road performance. I hope the aftermarket gives us some suspension lift options. I would really like to see an airbag suspension similar to the AirRock system (http://www.offroadonly.com/products/suspension/airock/ )that fits on Jeep Wranglers. That would be really sweet!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Lets keep in mind that Edmunds attributed this lack of off road performance to the lack of appropriate off road tires on this one part of the course which was a steep grade. I have had very good results in low traction situations(deep sand) with this truck without even engaging VTM-4 lock. I've read other postings where people directly compared the 05 Taco to the Ridgeline on a steep muddy hill, and they thought the RL out performed the Taco. Yeah, the Taco has more than a inch more clearence and 1 second faster 0-60 time on the RL, but that's all it has over the RL.

Show me that damn hill Edmunds, I'll get my truck up it. :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ridge said:
Lets keep in mind that Edmunds attributed this lack of off road performance to the lack of appropriate off road tires on this one part of the course which was a steep grade. I have had very good results in low traction situations(deep sand) with this truck without even engaging VTM-4 lock. I've read other postings where people directly compared the 05 Taco to the Ridgeline on a steep muddy hill, and they thought the RL out performed the Taco. Yeah, the Taco has more than a inch more clearence and 1 second faster 0-60 time on the RL, but that's all it has over the RL.

Show me that damn hill Edmunds, I'll get my truck up it. :D

I don't know about you but I guarantee you that I will NEVER allow my RL to go anywhere that would results in the mud bath pictured on their review. That's not real world. The last time I checked, the parking lot at Lowe's is flat and is paved. My RL will do just fine for what I need it for!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'm with you Denvrfan. I bet Edmunds did not try off-roading with 20s or 22s either ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
If I wanted a truck to do the off roading there talking about i would of kept my f250 powerstroke diesel, for a family of 4 who doesnt do any off roading who just wants the conveince of a truck for going to home depot or where ever this is the truck to have, i have taken mine to the beach and havent had any problems with it going

1 - 7 of 7 Posts