Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well that just tears it. Edmund's is losing credibility with me. I also suspect that their TMV price is at MSRP because they are not really polling folks who've purchased them. In Western Washington prices are still all over the map. Some perspective, to the rear vis. isn't good out of a panel van. I think it's fair out of the Ridge and if the mirrors are adjusted there is no problem. I read in a USAA report that if one adjusts the left mirror with their head touching the driver’s window and the right mirror with their head in the center of the car the blind spots all but disappear. I’ve driven like this for years and can see cars overtaking from the rearview, transitioning to the side-view and finally, before leaving the side-view, into my peripheral. Pretty cool, huh?

·
Registered
406 Posts
It sounds like it was written by people that have never driven a truck before. I have much better rearview vision with my RL than I ever had with my F150 or Tundra. It does take a bit of getting used to seeing those high sidewalls (that don't get in the way of the view though!).

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just wish those guy's would ride with me for a few days. They will find out just how fine this truck really is. Today it was and is a ball of mud and maybe tomorrow I will have time to clean it up. I just it 8000 miles since the 21 of April and not a problem.

Tiger

·
Registered
996 Posts
Upon reading it, I get the impression they're just trying to be even handed. They mentioned the visibility thing (which is unwarranted in IMO from my experience with my RL) after a bunch of positives. You can't be a good objective automotive journalist without dredging up at least one negative thing, or people accuse you of being biased or a Honda fan boy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The review didn't seen so bad to me.....and if have a small complaint, it is the visibility. I've just figured I have to get used to it. Different than the old Dakota, that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
RangerAV8R said:
I read in a USAA report that if one adjusts the left mirror with their head touching the driver’s window and the right mirror with their head in the center of the car the blind spots all but disappear. I’ve driven like this for years and can see cars overtaking from the rearview, transitioning to the side-view and finally, before leaving the side-view, into my peripheral. Pretty cool, huh?
I've adjusted mine this way for years. The problem I have is that the traffic coming up behind me will disappear behind the headrests of the rear seats. Not a big deal with the side mirrors adjusted properly, but I do feel the RL has some reduced visibility versus the F150 I used to drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts