Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
I agree with the heated seats comment.....I thought maybe there was something wrong with the one on the bottom of the seat. The back heats up pretty good, but the bottom, hardly at all...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
brian1972ct said:
I agree with the heated seats comment.....I thought maybe there was something wrong with the one on the bottom of the seat. The back heats up pretty good, but the bottom, hardly at all...
I don't have the heated seats, but this sounds kinda funny to me. I wonder if they don't want you to sweat your b*lls off...and maybe the back rest is more important to keep warm!?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
I'm fine with the seats. Both the back and bottom get plenty warm for me. In fact, I only use mine on low. My wife likes the high setting. I can definatly feel them cycle, which is a good thing. If they just stayed hot they whole time, it would be very annoying. While on the subject of heat, I've been VERY impressed with how fast the truck heats up. I seem to get hot air blowing out of the vents in about a quarter of the time it takes our Dodge Caravan to warm up. My wife is very jealous :).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
"On the other hand, another editor took the Ridgeline up a fairly rutted muddy track to a 7,800-foot peak and experienced some moderately tough spots. The Ridgeline managed past them, but with some huffing and puffing. We wouldn't say our truck was at its limit but it was close. If you want a real truck's truck, you may have to look elsewhere."

This is exactly what the truck was meant to be...able to handle it if necessary.

I'm also glad they came to their senses about the gas mileage, which they had been reporting before to avg. 15 mpg. That's really low for this truck.

They did a good job clearing up some of the harsh criticisms of their previous "long-term" test, and still managed to give some fodder to the BOF (that's "Big Old F**kin" in my book!) truck enthusiasts (except for the strut failure thing, which they didn't even mention this time. I guess that's because the Tacoma Lover wasn't driving!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
I think they nailed the essence of what is a Ridgeline is all about. It's not for everybody but the lucky people like us who select this vehicle will be pampered like no other truck on the road today.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
denvrfan said:
I think they nailed the essence of what is a Ridgeline is all about. It's not for everybody but the lucky people like us who select this vehicle will be pampered like no other truck on the road today.
Exactly! ...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,881 Posts
denvrfan said:
I think they nailed the essence of what is a Ridgeline is all about. It's not for everybody but the lucky people like us who select this vehicle will be pampered like no other truck on the road today.
I concur denvfan and after reading alot of the stuff on Edmonds we really don't have that much faith in there conclusions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
Thanks for the link RTLofatruck. Usually I read those kinds of reviews before I buy, it was interesting to read their comments after I've been driving the Ridge. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,074 Posts
Ruffles said:
I'm fine with the seats. Both the back and bottom get plenty warm for me. In fact, I only use mine on low. My wife likes the high setting. I can definatly feel them cycle, which is a good thing. If they just stayed hot they whole time, it would be very annoying. While on the subject of heat, I've been VERY impressed with how fast the truck heats up. I seem to get hot air blowing out of the vents in about a quarter of the time it takes our Dodge Caravan to warm up. My wife is very jealous :).
I've got to agree about the seats now that the 30deg temps are here. My seat is hot in under 10 minutes. Before then my passengers usually complain that they think they've wet themselves :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
Our temps here have been getting low for us ( 35 ) and for me the heated seats are great and the truck warms fast too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Thanks for the link... the most interesting thing to me, though, was reading some of the comments on their Honda Ridgeline SUT forum... e.g.:

1966 of 1969 Re: Towing with Weight distributing hitch [hmswartz] by mike7842 Dec 08, 2005 (3:44 am)
Reply | E-mail Msg
Replying to: hmswartz (Dec 07, 2005 5:54 pm)
I agree. Too little substance and too much bickering. Even worse on the Ridgleline Owners Club. I love my Ridgline and with over 11,0000 miles nary a problem. About 18 MPG.


WOW! Is there a lot of bickering on this forum? I hadn't noticed... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Quote; "We still don't think a 12,000-mile service should cost over $200"
"The grand total for this trip to the dealership was $202.76."

So was he saying if it was $199.99 that woulda been ok? If so, did he feel he was overcharged a whopping $2.77??.. He shoulda come to my local dealership... free bottled water! He coulda drank 3 while waiting and took 1 to go.. @ .75 cents each, he woulda made .23 cents....:D
Sounds like he just HAD to come up with a negitive in the article somewhere to me.....as far as the seats ... mine are toasty warm...Maybe he was trying to warm up a hot dog or something (no pun intended :eek: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
I agree. About the hot dog..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
I have to admit that I am not using the Ridgeline's potential to it's fullest capacity...heated seats in Florida...not a a very usefull thing!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top