Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going out to EM for the SCTA meets on Sept 16, Oct 21 or Nov 10&11? How about the Rotorcraft (autogyro) fly-in Sept 28, 29 & 30? I'm planning on the Rotorcraft meet, will be camped west of Sailors Bay on the south side of the lakebed. Usually fly with frs on ch7-00 or 5-00. Greg.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Anybody going out to EM for the SCTA meets on Sept 16, Oct 21 or Nov 10&11? How about the Rotorcraft (autogyro) fly-in Sept 28, 29 & 30? I'm planning on the Rotorcraft meet, will be camped west of Sailors Bay on the south side of the lakebed. Usually fly with frs on ch7-00 or 5-00. Greg.
Hey Greg, great hearing from you. It's still a bit too hot for us on the lake bed but we're planning a weekend camping trip for the SCTA finals to watch our friend's car run. We'll be on the lookout for you around Sailor's Bay...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping it will cool down by the end of the month so it will be bearable out there, we may do an overnight if it's still stinking hot, arrive late afternoon for a sunset flight, then a morning flight, a walk down the flight line and out of there before noon for the Rotor-Craft fly-in.

I assume you're talking the Nov meet for your trip? That is certainly a better proposition for lower temps. I'm going to do my best for that, and hopefully my son Max will be coming too. I look forward to seeing your there.

Sure would be real nice if we could get a few more ROC's out there for the SCTA meet. If it cools down enough to tempt you to come out for the Rotor-craft fly-in let me know coz you are so welcome to join us down near Sailor Bay, us flying folk are darned near as friendly as you ground based ROC folk :act035:

Greg.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
I'm hoping it will cool down by the end of the month so it will be bearable out there, we may do an overnight if it's still stinking hot, arrive late afternoon for a sunset flight, then a morning flight, a walk down the flight line and out of there before noon for the Rotor-Craft fly-in.

I assume you're talking the Nov meet for your trip? That is certainly a better proposition for lower temps. I'm going to do my best for that, and hopefully my son Max will be coming too. I look forward to seeing your there.

Sure would be real nice if we could get a few more ROC's out there for the SCTA meet. If it cools down enough to tempt you to come out for the Rotor-craft fly-in let me know coz you are so welcome to join us down near Sailor Bay, us flying folk are darned near as friendly as you ground based ROC folk :act035:

Greg.
Me too! I've had enough heat to last me for awhile... We're planning a three day, two night stay at Elmo if the temps come down enough in November for the SCTA finals.
Not too many SoCal ROC-Heads share our love for camping, fast cars and dirt bikes but I may be able to get a couple of members to join in.
We've cruised by the Sailor Bay area many times to check out the Helicopters, Gyros, Microlites and Gliders. We also have a few friends over at the Sail Car area as well. Hope to see you both soon...

Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you got your wish for lower temps, unfortunately it seems to be at the cost of my ability to be able to fly, the winds are predicted to be in the low twenties with gusts to the low 30's :eek::eek::eek:

Right now only Sunday looks good, I can't see Monday yet on NWS. Saturday looked good yesterday but today it looks bad. I'm hoping it will stay as predicted, I don't like camping in 25mph winds.

Greg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts