Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title describes. no problems while the truck is running. i am getting intermittent failure when i turn the key back from the running position. the truck will totally die as if i just pulled the negative cable off the battery. radio/ nav code has to be entered. it started as just a flicker but is getting worse. the other day it stayed blacked out for 30 mins despite me tapping on and jiggling the ignition cylinder/key. the gauges were clicking and jumping and i was getting dim/flashing interior lights and some cluster lights. was about to call AAA for a tow and it luckily started working fine somehow.

I was going to replace the ignition cylinder but since it is $200 i thought i would post here first and see if anyone has any experience or useful info.

thanks friends!!!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
I'd check the Battery Terminals and the grounds in the engine compartment, I believe there are three. If I have a minute I'll find the FSM, but there are several threads where it's already discussed and and FSM pages with the info are already posted.

Check this thread...

Specifically this post...

What Year RL do you have?

Sorry but your profile provides nothing useful...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts