Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after taking delivery of my truck I found(with the help of this site) that I was missing a cover with keyhole for the tailgate emergency release(open).I think this may only be for RTL-Es and above but I could be wrong. I went to dealer and they were able to order the cover which came in today but its missing the keyhole slot for the key(see pic). They are not sure what parts are needed and I am trying to help them by getting a picture(front and back)so I can show them the parts needed. I am pretty sure each one of these is coded to the key that opens your doors and truck so I dont know how this is going to work. I just need help with some pictures of this cover if someone could remove theres and snap a few pics. I need front and back. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
It came with my RTL-E and yes you use the Emergency key.
It is missing the lock core and lever.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just noticed that at the 1:45 minute of that video it shows the keyfob. It appears to have 4 main buttons (plus the panic button). There is the lock, unlock, remote start and then a fouth button. What is the fourth button? My 2017 only has 3 main buttons.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just noticed that at the 1:45 minute of that video it shows the keyfob. It appears to have 4 main buttons (plus the panic button). There is the lock, unlock, remote start and then a fouth button. What is the fourth button? My 2017 only has 3 main buttons.
Have not used it yet...But I believe it is a "Panic" alarm.
There is Lock..Unlock..Remote Start/Windows down...And Red smaller Panic.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have not used it yet...But I believe it is a "Panic" alarm.
There is Lock..Unlock..Remote Start/Windows down...And Red smaller
Oh there is a button for the windows
I was referring to the Window Down button. My 2017 does not have that.

Sorry don't have a picture of the lock.

·
Premium Member
2020 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
31 Posts
Mine was in the glove box and not installed by the dealer. You did look in the box I presume. I can get you a pic in the morning. john

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Mine was in the glove box and not installed by the dealer. You did look in the box I presume. I can get you a pic in the morning. john
Unfortunately mine was not in glovebox or anywhere else. Thx for helping out with the pic!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Actually that remote they show has five buttons, with the 'hold' and what looks to be a trunk button. Likely a remote to a different car. Just happened to be handy to edit into the video. Mine looks like the first one. The second one is what the video showed.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Here is the picture I found from Honda Pro Jason's video on the 2020. Shows the cover with the keyhole insert. No experience with the 2020 yet other than a test drive. Also, I know that if you set the trunk lock in the glove box to OFF (for 'valet protection') it will KILL the power tailgate feature. Obviously it is on the same circuit...I tested this with the rep after the test drive...My 2017 will be moving to a 2020 soon but talking to the Canadian dealers near my house first as I may go Canadian Touring when more hit the lots. About $38,825 LIST USD (after 1.33 CAD$ exchange) for a Touring with all the extras vs a RTL-E but you have to add the 6% GST to import it and then pay your regular Stateside local tax plus be close enough - like I am - to take it over to the Great White North for warranty service (safety recalls are good either side of the border).

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I found that cover in the glove box, uninstalled. Had no idea what it was for. Is it relatively easy to install or should I wait for a visit to the dealer?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts