Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased an RL three weeks ago and at the 650 mile mark Ckeck engine light ( Emission Failure message) came on. Took to dealer and they cannot find what is causing the failure. Small evap leak is what caused the message and after two days they haven't figured out what caused the failure and how to fix it. Anyone had this issue?? Our 2011 Ridgeline never gave us any issues:frown:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
This is a shot in the dark but it could be a harness under the truck. They have caused all sorts of warnings since the G2 has been introduced.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Your problem is not a harness if it's just the CEL. What is the code number? I'll take a guess at P1456.

If it's an evap leak, I'll bet some gas station attendant damaged the capless filler.

A smoke machine will find an evap leak in no time flat.

·
Registered
373 Posts
That was the first thing that came to mind was the fuel filler system. I don't have my new 2017 yet, so I haven't looked at the filler system to see how it works, can someone describe it to us.

trainman

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your problem is not a harness if it's just the CEL. What is the code number? I'll take a guess at P1456.

If it's an evap leak, I'll bet some gas station attendant damaged the capless filler.

A smoke machine will find an evap leak in no time flat.
They have used smoke machine, it has only been filled up twice, dealer filled when picked up, and myself, so I'm thinking it's the filler neck, but I've filled up Fords that seems to used the same system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great news, picked up my RL tonight, the dealership replaced the Fuel shutter door kit. They are sending the old one back to Honda to see what failed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts