Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
1st post on the forum.... I bought a 2019 RTL-E (Nov. 2019) and since I've purchased I've had it in and out of the local service department shop (1 and now the other). I'm getting the Emissions EPS, VSA, Hill Start Assist, Trailer Stability Assist, Road Departure Mitigation System Problems. The shops are not able to recreate the errors after clearing them, but when I pick them up the errors return making multiple trips back and forth. I am able to clear the errors with my ODBII and force the errors when I engage the Honda Sense Lane Keep Assist (adaptive cruise control seems to work fine) come to a stop and let the vehicle rest for 10+ mins and restart it. If I do not use Honda Senses, then the emissions error comes and goes. Although, those errors returned after a week and were persistent when I dropped off my truck today. The previous shop recharged the old battery, replace it new, and replaced either the ECM or the Head Unit (I'm at work and I can't remember from the work sheet). Regardless they can't seem to recreate the errors (with techline on the phone). The only other thing the techs wouldn't have is my Pixel 4 XL phone (doubtful that's the cause). Sorry for the long rant, but has anyone else run into this litany of issues?

edit:
wanted to add ODBII fault codes P2123, P0453, P0641, P0651, P06a8
In a word YES. I have been dealing with the issue for over a year. (See my earlier posts) Still not resolved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello.

i thought i should chime in, unhappily, about my 2017 ridgeline and the emission code issues i have had. truthfully, i can't remember how many times i have gone to the dealer to try and get this issue resolved.
i have had the software update to try and fix it.
i have had my fuel injectors replaced.
i have had two catalytic convertors replaced.
i have had my top head and all related bits and pieces replaced.
the light just came back on three days ago.
i am on my way back in tomorrow to see what's the next thing they're going to do to try and 'fix' this.
i am losing faith in this truck - not matter what year. i have had two civics, one prelude, two elements and this is my second ridgeline.
i know this is going to sound corny but, we all work hard for our money and we're not getting our moneys worht out of these vehicles. i may have to switch to another brand.

garnet
vancouver
canada

·
Registered
635 Posts
hello.

i thought i should chime in, unhappily, about my 2017 ridgeline and the emission code issues i have had. truthfully, i can't remember how many times i have gone to the dealer to try and get this issue resolved.
i have had the software update to try and fix it.
i have had my fuel injectors replaced.
i have had two catalytic convertors replaced.
i have had my top head and all related bits and pieces replaced.
the light just came back on three days ago.
i am on my way back in tomorrow to see what's the next thing they're going to do to try and 'fix' this.
i am losing faith in this truck - not matter what year. i have had two civics, one prelude, two elements and this is my second ridgeline.
i know this is going to sound corny but, we all work hard for our money and we're not getting our moneys worht out of these vehicles. i may have to switch to another brand.

garnet
vancouver
canada
When they replaced the injectors, what is the part number installed? If they are -305, I seen people on their 3rd set with that part number. The latest version are -315, so far they have been reliable. Might be too soon to give a verdict on the longevity of the -315.

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
Wow, that is a troublesome course of events. I would probably bite the bullet and sell the vehicle if it is giving you that much trouble. I like the suggestion offered by @MtMan regarding the part number of the injectors. Hope it all works out for you without too much more aggravation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the dealership is talking to honda canada and will see what they come up with. i am not holding my breath. i did forward them this forum address so they will know, that i know, that this is an ongoing issue.
if i sell it i still have to buy something else and i am sure i'll be out a lot of money.

sometimes owning vehicles is so awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
so...
i am going to pick up my truck tomorrow morning.
this time they replaced my fuel injectors - again (the number of the part i do not know but was assured they were the most up to date injectors they're installing)
they also replaced my high pressure fuel pump.
and did a B service because they had it on the lift. no charge - i guess not.

so we'll see how it goes from here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had Emission code problems with my 2017. Had it covered under the Federal Emissions Warranty. Check your owner’s manual. I had to point this out to the ”service manager“ but it was covered. 20000+ since and no problems

·
Administrator
14,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I had Emission code problems with my 2017. Had it covered under the Federal Emissions Warranty. Check your owner’s manual. I had to point this out to the ”service manager“ but it was covered. 20000+ since and no problems
What was the problem and at what age and mileage did it occur?

The federal emissions warranty (2/24 except for the catalytic converters and PCM which are covered for 8/80) is shorter than the new vehicle limited warranty (3/36).

161 - 171 of 171 Posts