81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,848 Posts
Thought they were capless systems?

·
Super Moderator
22,848 Posts
(S)he probably meant "bad fuel filler". :)
I haven't checked out the fuel filler on the G2 RL. Are there user replaceable parts there?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Got an engine light 17k ......... So ... I think "That's weird" maybe a program update needed? ......... looked online .- Nope

Hmmmmmmm ........ So, I run a diagnostic, get the error code P0430 .......... Catalytic converter not reaching efficiency threshold .........

In other words, not working correctly. This is warranty , take it to the dealer and they play with it for 3 hours and state "we got it fixed"

3 hours later error code is back ........ So I run a diagnostic ............ Same error code ......... BUT . . . Having the type of obd tool I have it will tell you if they cleared the error code without fixing the problem. They did .............. Bad thing to do.

I called the Service manager @ the dealer and gave him a reality check. When I bring it in either fix or replace ..... no other choices. ....... I highly recommend having an OBD 2 worth the money (42 bucks)

I'll update as more unfolds............

·
Super Moderator
6,936 Posts
WOW, just trying to kick you down the road and push you past warranty coverage.

Moderator Note: Thread Merged

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got an engine light 17k ......... So ... I think "That's weird" maybe a program update needed? ......... looked online .- Nope

Hmmmmmmm ........ So, I run a diagnostic, get the error code P0430 .......... Catalytic converter not reaching efficiency threshold .........

In other words, not working correctly. This is warranty , take it to the dealer and they play with it for 3 hours and state "we got it fixed"

3 hours later error code is back ........ So I run a diagnostic ............ Same error code ......... BUT . . . Having the type of obd tool I have it will tell you if they cleared the error code without fixing the problem. They did .............. Bad thing to do.

I called the Service manager @ the dealer and gave him a reality check. When I bring it in either fix or replace ..... no other choices. ....... I highly recommend having an OBD 2 worth the money (42 bucks)

So, out of curiosity, what is make and model of your OBD II device?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts

BTW -
Got a call from Manager of the Dealership today, apologizing for the tech's actions, set an appointment and stated he is giving a free rental car until they have it corrected. I take it in next Wed. The Mgr kinda know each other, (Hawaii it is like that eventually you know most people) he knew I am not rookie with motors.

Either way, unexpected and quite responsible.......... That ... is what REAL service is about. Hats off to the Tony Dealership

·
Registered
2 Posts
New-to-me ridgeline owner here. 2018 RTL with 18k miles. Have only had the car for three weeks and yesterday i got the "emissions system problem" and took it to the local Honda dealer. They called me this morning and the service advisor said they replaced the "injector". I'm hoping this means they replaced all six but i will report back after a bit to see if the issue is resolved.

·
Administrator
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
New-to-me ridgeline owner here. 2018 RTL with 18k miles. Have only had the car for three weeks and yesterday i got the "emissions system problem" and took it to the local Honda dealer. They called me this morning and the service advisor said they replaced the "injector". I'm hoping this means they replaced all six but i will report back after a bit to see if the issue is resolved.
The injectors come as a flow-matched set of six. Honda doesn't provide or sell the injectors individually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
got it back earlier today. They replaced the fuel injector set (16010-RLV-315) and the fuel joint pipe set (16012-R9P-315). So far so good. I will post back in a few weeks (or sooner if the light comes back on....fingers crossed)

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Have the same issue, mine is a 2017 with 44K on it. Took it in and they tell me the ejectors need to be replaced. $1,600 is the quote as it is not under warranty. The dealer is emailing Honda to see if they will cover it anyway or at least part of it. I should know in a few days. My engine is stock, no mods. I use Shell gas almost exclusively but don't think that is an issue as I run it in my other vehicles and never had a problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is a TSB for the injector problem. I live in a small town and there are 3 other people here with 2017's that have all had the injectors replaced. Mine happened at 37k miles. Dealer replaced at no cost and said they'd work it out with Honda. TSB #18-025. Problem is debris from high pressure pump or injector machining process clogs the injectors. The TSB says that normal warranty applies but given the extent of the issue I think they are going beyond that.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just had the check engine light pop up with emission system problems at only 33000 miles anyone’s else have this
Common problem, possible bad fuel injector. Time for a trip to the dealer.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts