Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know why this came on? I'm going to drop it off at service but wondering why all of a sudden it came on.

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,330 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
I came in to say what Sparkland already did. Hopefully that's all it is.

Reactions: donski

·
Registered
461 Posts
This is the best advice you are going to get...go buy yourself a cheap ($30) OBD2 code reader.

The check engine light (CEL) can be on for infinite reasons these days. However the RL is pretty solid and the replies above are a good bet as to what is going on. If a service station attendant pumps your gas, prepare to have problems. Ham fisted gas station workers are not going to be gentle with the capless system. I asked my dealer what problems have they seems with the G2, the only thing they had to report was a broken capless flap due to carelessness.

As a forum participant, you are already on the road to saving countless dollars, even if you are not a mechanic. A code reader arms the owner with real powerful information, and the days of some mechanic BSing the customer are over.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ok, I just filled up the new Ridgeline about a half hour ago for the first time. I have to admit, Hondas capless system feels very cheaply constructed compared to the Ford system I am use to.

It was making all kinds of weird creaking and a couple of plastic sounding pops. I'm not a ham fisted individual and am a mechanic by trade. The fuel nozzle goes in at a very steep angle on this rig. I now know this for the future. Hopefully didn't dicker anything up.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I just filled up the new Ridgeline about a half hour ago for the first time. I have to admit, Hondas capless system feels very cheaply constructed compared to the Ford system I am use to.

It was making all kinds of weird creaking and a couple of plastic sounding pops. I'm not a ham fisted individual and am a mechanic by trade. The fuel nozzle goes in at a very steep angle on this rig. I now know this for the future. Hopefully didn't dicker anything up.
X2, I'm gentle and I find the pump spring cap get stuck on the filler neck a few times. Maybe that's why the light came on. Urgh!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sold my 2011 F150 to get my Honda and the capless entry on the Ford is much more robust than the RL. You shouldn't have to be gentle when putting the nozzle in your fuel tank
but I feel like I have to with my RL when you could just slam the nozzle in the Ford and gas up.
One of the few things I don't like about the new truck.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I had that message come up a couple times within the first week I had the truck. It ended up having a hole/crack in the filler tube and the dealer replaced it, the code has not come back on since.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Service said they performed the leak test twice and could find any issue. They reset the code and it hasn't returned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i'm still getting the same message, about once a month...has anyone confined that the filler cap is the issue, as in it hasn't returned after a month or more of use? I figure I'd like to give it a while for honda to figure it out before bringing the truck in for a few days...

·
Registered
340 Posts
For the 1st time we had the "Emissions System Problem" code that came on shortly after a fuel up @ 3,571 miles.

They retrieved Code P0456...Performed Evap Test...Failed Test, Smoked Found Leak at Capless Junction and they Ordered a New Capless Part.

We also went in for the wiring harness 06/09/2016 recall...thankful the will only be procedure A. ;)

Our VIN is 7xx1...so we were among the first 8,000 RL built.

Hope that might help. :)

Reactions: Shineaholic

·
Registered
30 Posts

How do you like your Truxxx 1.5 leveling kit? I just bought on and looking to install soon - any rubbing at all with the 265/60/18?

·
Registered
932 Posts
How do you like your Truxxx 1.5 leveling kit? I just bought on and looking to install soon - any rubbing at all with the 265/60/18?

It has performed flawlessly over the last 25k miles. No regrets. Little bit of rubbing at the rear inner fender well with the 265s when turning sharp and backing. Hasn't proven to be a problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cool - I have narrowed down (in my research only - non professional opinion yet) to either do the General tire Grabber ATX, Wildpeak AT or maybe the Nitto Ridgegrappler? Thought - could do the BF K02 as well - but I dont want a bunch or road noise - just good traction in most road conditions including snow - I want to truck more aggressive look :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts