Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
You would probably want to take the valve covers off and inspect the valve train. It shouldn't have moved but depending on the angle and intensity of the impact, something could have shaken loose.

Check the fuel injectors and fuel rails come to mind as something that is in that same area. Also check the lower intake spacer and the two sets of runners. Check the mating surfaces for any deflection (bends) and cracks. Specially around the mounting bolts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I have been busy getting this project done. My dad had the engine bolted to the crate & tried to hang the crate from straps right side up from his skid loader bucket. Needless to say the whole thing flipped backwards & landed on its top

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a small hose protruding from the pipe on the thermostat line right after the thermostat that looks to run up towards the throttle body but nowhere to attach. Its a small hose about 6 inches long. I need help since water runs out even when not running &adding water

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please share with us how this happened. I can't be the only on curious as to why the engine was upside down, and why it was dropped.
Sorry I have been busy getting this project done. My dad had the engine bolted to the crate & tried to hang the crate from straps right side up from his skid loader bucket. Needless to say the whole thing flipped backwards & landed on its top

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You would probably want to take the valve covers off and inspect the valve train. It shouldn't have moved but depending on the angle and intensity of the impact, something could have shaken loose.

Check the fuel injectors and fuel rails come to mind as something that is in that same area. Also check the lower intake spacer and the two sets of runners. Check the mating surfaces for any deflection (bends) and cracks. Specially around the mounting bolts.
Thank you for the helpful response. I don't seem to be getting much of that on this forum. So appreciate it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts