Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I have the same knock, light load 1000 to 2000. Also started at about 500 miles.The knock gets a little better after it has been running about 20 minutes. I think its Timing belt slap. RGH did you ever figure out what it was?

· Registered
9 Posts
Engine knock under light load.

Has anyone noticed a slight knocking when lightly accelerating from a stop? Between 1000 & 1500 rpm. Windows must be up, no radio, no fan. Worse during first 5 minutes of driving. This knock can also be duplicated when in drive, foot on the brake and give it a little gas, 1000 to 1500 rpm. This knock developed at abItout 800 miles. Dealer says its normal (BS). If all you guys have a slight knock I won't worry too much right now.
Thanks!!

· Registered
9 Posts
Re: Engine knock under light load.

Let us know what your dealer says. I think it may be a week timing belt tensioner or a defective belt. I checked the noise up on my lift under light load it definitely is coming from the timing belt side.

· Registered
9 Posts
I finally had time to start dealing with the knocking noise. The dealer has had my truck for two days they have recorded the knocking noise and contacted Honda tech services their reply was that the noise is normal. I called BS on that answer. ( I have a friend with a new RL no knocking at all) both Honda techs at the dealership agree with me. The dealership head manager has contacted Honda saying the noise is not normal. Now Honda has come back and said they would like to keep the truck and pay for my car rental until the problem is resolved.
Has anyone else had any luck getting his issue resolved??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts