Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know, this subject has been ridden into the ground but I just wanted to add another twist.

About two weeks ago I noticed a slight engine tick/knock at startup. My '06 (120,000 miles) has been very quiet up to now so it was more than a little disturbing. Anyway, I checked the oil level, torque on all the spark plugs, timing belt tensioner, and everything seemed good. I was leaving for a trip up north to our cabin (415 mile trip one way) so I figured it would be a good time to throw in some injector cleaner. I drove straight through and shut the truck off. * A couple of days later, I got in it for a trip to town. Usually the tick/knock started about 1 minute after it fired up. This time...no tick!

So I guess my question is: Could this have affected the knock or am I just lucky this one time and the sound will likely return?

*I stop for gas one time, but I added more cleaner when I did.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also should have mentioned: Stethoscope indicated what sounded like piston slap on #4 cylinder. Sound goes almost completely away when engine is fully warmed up. I was guessing it WAS piston slap before it stopped knocking completely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts