Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I changed the oil before my trip to Philadelphia (300+miles), two days later the Check Engine light came on, went to dealer who cleared it. Drove 2 blocks & light came on again. Drove back to dealer, he reset it again and told me he was ordering a part. Code was CODEAS-P0706) Started my trip to Philly and found my cruise control was not working (was working before engine light). Any comments? Like experiences? Perhaps I shouldn't have reset the message indicator before it's time. Hmmmm.

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
DoubleDuty said:
A couple of weeks ago I changed the oil before my trip to Philadelphia (300+miles), two days later the Check Engine light came on, went to dealer who cleared it. Drove 2 blocks & light came on again. Drove back to dealer, he reset it again and told me he was ordering a part. Code was CODEAS-P0706) Started my trip to Philly and found my cruise control was not working (was working before engine light). Any comments? Like experiences? Perhaps I shouldn't have reset the message indicator before it's time. Hmmmm.
The P0706 code is as follows: "Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Range/Performance". A transmission problem may prevent the cruise control from engaging.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
csimo said:
The P0706 code is as follows: "Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Range/Performance". A transmission problem may prevent the cruise control from engaging.
Great, then there is an connection! Just waiting for the part. Will advise when corrected. Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
csimo said:
csimo, do you have an aftermarket manual or something that gives you the code descriptions? i remember reading that certain maintenance codes will post on the display for the maintencance minder and that they are in the owners manual, right? but that doesn't include service codes, correct (i don't have the truck with me today or the manual)?

L

·
0 Posts
jeffiam said:
(i don't have the truck with me today or the manual)?
And why exactly is that jeff?? Is it because SILVER is the best color and you come to grips with reality and finally realized that and can't bare to drive her one more day until you have sent your Blue Ridge ( I just love that ) to the body shop to be re-painted SILVER!!????
:D

sorry for going off topic...but I could not resist.

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
jeffiam said:
csimo, do you have an aftermarket manual or something that gives you the code descriptions? i remember reading that certain maintenance codes will post on the display for the maintencance minder and that they are in the owners manual, right? but that doesn't include service codes, correct (i don't have the truck with me today or the manual)?
I do have the service manual, but I don't know if it lists the codes or not. There are two different kinds of OBDII codes. Generic codes that apply to all brands, and then some brand specific codes.

Your code was a generic code. There are probably many published lists of OBDII fault codes on the Internet.

I don't know what will display on the maintenance minder... may try and find out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
csimo said:
I do have the service manual, but I don't know if it lists the codes or not. There are two different kinds of OBDII codes. Generic codes that apply to all brands, and then some brand specific codes.

Your code was a generic code. There are probably many published lists of OBDII fault codes on the Internet.

I don't know what will display on the maintenance minder... may try and find out.
In my case there was no display on the maintenance minder. Just the check engine light. Code I referred to was on the service ticket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts