Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a proud owner of a 2019 Honda Ridgeline EX-L, been driving daily and i haven't had any problem / issues with it, however just recently i noticed a weird sound coming from the engine, it sounds like a knocking or ticking sound, from my understanding it probably is the timing belt, but would like to get you guy's opinion.

Here's a link of the video for the sound of the engine.

Thank you for your inputs.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
258 Posts
Doesn’t sound that bad/abnormal to me, but maybe it’s louder than before? Does it decrease after warming up or revving? perhaps valves need adjusting? Incidentally that should be done with timing belt service but that’s not typically until about 105k mi. How much do you have on it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn’t sound that bad/abnormal to me, but maybe it’s louder than before? Does it decrease after warming up or revving? perhaps valves need adjusting? Incidentally that should be done with timing belt service but that’s not typically until about 105k mi. How much do you have on it?
Thank you, i only have 32K on it so far, i think it's not the timing belt as well, but i am not really a mechanic or a car person so this does sound abnormal to me, when i first got my car, this sound is no where to be heard, and just now from the video it got a little bit louder from a few weeks back, it sounds the same with no increase or decrease in sound from my first start up to even a 45minute drive, it all sound the same as the video.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline Black edition
232 Posts
I am a proud owner of a 2019 Honda Ridgeline EX-L, been driving daily and i haven't had any problem / issues with it, however just recently i noticed a weird sound coming from the engine, it sounds like a knocking or ticking sound, from my understanding it probably is the timing belt, but would like to get you guy's opinion.

Here's a link of the video for the sound of the engine.

Thank you for your inputs.
Sounds normal, that is the sounds of direct injection ticking away.
If it sounded like clattering that would indicate the valves need adjustment but at 32km ( or 20k miles ) it 32k freedom units you have a long way before ya need to worry about that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts