Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

from this pic it seems oil is leaking from the hex head cap bolt ( very bottom bolt below the two Allen head cap screws )

any idea what that is? maybe its not the culprit but it seems to be coming from that bolt.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,592 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome, ill check it out myself !

Can I completely remove the bolt? will something not line up after? Im worried that whatever its holding inside the engine may drop/not be able to be secured once I remove to apply the sealer?

also, how do I remove the bolt? does the axle need to be removed? its VERY tight

·
Super Moderator
22,592 Posts
awesome, ill check it out myself !

Can I completely remove the bolt? will something not line up after? Im worried that whatever its holding inside the engine may drop/not be able to be secured once I remove to apply the sealer?

also, how do I remove the bolt? does the axle need to be removed? its VERY tight
You have to remove the bolt in order to seal it. I'd just do one at a time. Then re-install and torque to spec (36 lb-ft). I've not heard of anyone having re-alignment issues doing this process.

From the 2006-2008 FSM:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
For my own edification:
One does not apply _both_ engine oil _and_ the Hondabond sealant to the bolt threads, correct? Normally, one would apply a sealant only to dry threads.

I'm thinking that the picture and text labeled as "8." is from the FSM, and is for reference, whereas the text talking about Hondabond is from the TSB, and contains all a person would actually apply to the bolt threads. Am I understanding correctly?

·
Super Moderator
22,592 Posts
That is also my understanding too. Note, I have not done this personally.

Reactions: bulwnkl

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is there a way to remove it without taking out the axle?
Any update on the bolt issue? I seem to be having same problem, I'm going to complain to my local dealership instead of dealing myself.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts