Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Missed the Diesel question - thinking the term "gas" was a trick. Turns out it was a trick - to throw people like me off.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,586 Posts
29/30. I thought the battery powered everything and the alternator recharged the battery. Aren't the electrics in a vehicle DC? Or am I older than I thought I was?

Some of the questions and answers were bogus too. But not bad for a primer.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
29/30. I thought the battery powered everything and the alternator recharged the battery. Aren't the electrics in a vehicle DC? Or am I older than I thought I was?

Some of the questions and answers were bogus too. But not bad for a primer.
Same, and I'm not sure that in our RL's our answer isn't correct.

Although the RL would run without the battery, once started, if you disconnected the battery, I'm not sure how long it would run.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
That quiz is both flawed and outdated. I guess on a couple of years, but got all of them correct despite having to answer incorrectly. One blaring mistake was asking on what stroke does the spark plug fire... you had to answer incorrectly and say combustion... but of course the answer is most often compression (that's why we run ignition advance) and the firing of the plug creates the combustion stroke. There are a few occasions where you retard ignition beyond TDC but it's very inefficient. So if you got about 10 wrong you probably know more about engines than the person that wrote that quiz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts