Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the pics it seems like the engine space is pretty cramped. I thought it is odd where they put the battery--right next to the engine! Anyone know if the engine is transversally mounted (how's it in the Pilot)? I'm curious...how many people work on their own cars (oil changes, minor maintenance etc.)? I don't change the oil on my civic for two reasons: the location of the oil filter and it only costs 24.00 to have someone else do it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sometimes I do the oil change myself, but it is usually faster if I go to "Oil Changer" and let them do it. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used the dealership for all service on my Odyssey. I feel like they have really taken care of me over the years. And, since I am there about once a month it is like catching up with the family when I am there. I think the price must increased to $24.00 for the oil change.

In fact the only service the dealer doesn't do is the tires, which has been the local Allied's job for 20 years with our family autos.

·
Registered
17 Posts
nwdiver said:
Anyone know if the engine is transversally mounted (how's it in the Pilot)?
The Ridgeline underhood pictures are definately of a transversally mounted engine. That is the same layout in the Pilot, MDX, and Odyssey.

In fact, I think the S2000 is the only longitudinaly layout in the current Honda lineup.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like doing my own oil changes because I know the right oil and oil filters are being used. But God I hope they put the oil filter in a better location then they did on my RSX. It is horrible trying to get the filter off of the K20A2 engine. :(

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
jauten1 said:
I like doing my own oil changes because I know the right oil and oil filters are being used. But God I hope they put the oil filter in a better location then they did on my RSX. It is horrible trying to get the filter off of the K20A2 engine. :(
Me too, nothing but Mobil 1 oil/filters for me. Hope the filter position is like my '05 Ody. By far the best and easiest location I've ever had on any of my cars and it's upside down too so no oil spills when taking it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts