Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
13,737 Posts
Are you 2WD or 4WD? My 2019 2WD consistently gets ~24mpg in daily mixed highway and town driving. On two recent trips that were almost all highway it got between 28 and 29mpg. Those numbers were achieved with VCM disengaged with the use of a S-module.
If that's according to the trip computer, your actual average is ~22.5 MPG and your two recent trips were 26-27 MPG. Still, very good. Of course, everyone's fuel economy will be different based on a number of variables.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yikes! I don’t want anything stored on the pcm and they see that. I’m glad y’all given me this info. I know i posted a forum on how a guy bypassed all that mess however nothing stated about the lights and codes. Well looks like I’ll be hitting a button for a while till someone gets a module I can stick into the OBD2 port to bypass it. Everyone has a opinion. That’s ok we all do. I’m glad this forum is alive and responsive and have many of you to reply as quick as we do.
Glad you're taking this on, @SOA18 . I'm still waiting on the Honda dealership to get an RTL in stock or at least be able to order one for me, so it may be a while before I take possession of a 2020. That said, I've been researching the same thing and found another thread on the Piloteers forum, which supposedly doesn't simulate a stuck switch that generates a DTC fault code stored in the PMC, although it does still illuminate the amber "idle stop" warning light.

I hope you beat me to being the test guinea pig for this and report back... :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Glad you're taking this on, @SOA18 . I'm still waiting on the Honda dealership to get an RTL in stock or at least be able to order one for me, so it may be a while before I take possession of a 2020. That said, I've been researching the same thing and found another thread on the Piloteers forum, which supposedly doesn't simulate a stuck switch that generates a DTC fault code stored in the PMC, although it does still illuminate the amber "idle stop" warning light.

I hope you beat me to being the test guinea pig for this and report back... :)

There are 2 versions in that Piloteers post. 2020 Ridgeline owners need to use the first OP version that is used on the 2016-18 Pilots. The second version that I posted is for the 2019+ Pilots only. They have the volume knob on the infotainment system.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts