Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our New Honda Ridgeline Shop Truck...on our Enkei XM-6 20x8.5 Storm Grey.

255/50-20 Continental DWS ExtremeContact.

Really loving this combo, rides as good as stock thanks to dropping a solid 5 pounds of unsprung weight per corner compared to stock, handles better, looks awesome!

· Registered
55 Posts
Those do look nice. I've looked them up in fact. I'm not a big fan of the dark wheel look that seems so popular these days. I just picked up a 2021 Radiant Red RTL-E last month and I think something like those would look nice with that color. While I like the design of the RTL-E's wheels if they had been available in a silver color as an option I may have taken that..

· Registered
1,058 Posts
They look good in black, too! Brian, any chance you have tried to change center caps to something with a Honda logo? Figure it is a long shot, but thought I would ask. The OEM Honda ones are just a mm or two too small.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
They look good in black, too! Brian, any chance you have tried to change center caps to something with a Honda logo? Figure it is a long shot, but thought I would ask. The OEM Honda ones are just a mm or two too small.

View attachment 418074
Black does look good!

I like the clean look of the Enkei caps, thus didn't look at trying Honda caps on there and expect the Honda caps won't work. Frankly, Enkei is a premier wheel maker in Japan, I don't get the desire to hide the fact that we upgraded to a higher end premium wheel? If you installed Recarro seats, would you try to slap a 'Honda' label over the 'Recarro' label? Regardless, there might be a plug and play option, see paragraph below.

The optional wheels for 2021 HPD package.....also an Enkei. I had been told by our friends at Enkei that they make this wheel and another forum member posted pics showing indeed 'ENKEI' top left in the casting of rear side of the spokes. Also note '45' offset instead of normal 55mm offset. I expect this "HPD" cap on that wheel fits our Enkei wheels, but we can't get just that cap from Enkei since that is exclusive by contract to Honda. However....at some point that cap may be available at Honda dealers.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
I like the clean look of the Enkei caps, thus didn't look at trying Honda caps on there and expect the Honda caps won't work. Frankly, Enkei is a premier wheel maker in Japan, I don't get the desire to hide the fact that we upgraded to a higher end premium wheel? If you installed Recarro seats, would you try to slap a 'Honda' label over the 'Recarro' label? Regardless, there might be a plug and play option, see paragraph below.
Completely agree these are really nice wheels and I know the OEM Honda caps will not work as I did try them. Just figured a honda cap doesn't change the look much, but might prevent thieves eyes from being tipped off that they are aftermarket wheels.

311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Completely agree these are really nice wheels and I know the OEM Honda caps will not work as I did try them. Just figured a honda cap doesn't change the look much, but might prevent thieves eyes from being tipped off that they are aftermarket wheels.
Has this theft of wheels been a big problem for you? I use our Spline Drive Lugs, which is a pretty tight fit in the lug pocket of this wheel. While not impossible for a thief to get them off with a turbo socket or similar, it doesn't keep me up at night because the odds are pretty low of having an issue in my experience. The kids steeling wheels are going for Volks on a Civic....to put on another Civic, doubt they look a Ridgeline. I think your odds of having somebody crawling under to hack off the catalytic converter are at least 100 times more serious and likely you have done nothing about that right?

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Yeah, you are probably right about the cat being more serious and no, no major reason to think they would take mine. When I have seen wheels stolen in the area, it is mostly GM truck/SUV wheels plus I keep the RL in the garage anyway. I suppose a big part of it is that I prefer OEM caps as well. The last vehicle I put aftermarket wheels on I put OEM caps on them. Guess I like the sublte-ness of factory caps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts