Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Props to the nav... all the back roads were on the Nav. We were able to make the trip from Houston to San Antonio in 10 hours, normally a 3.5 hour trip. But apparantly those that were on I-10 were doing it in 12+ hours. This included a 40 minute stop for gas. Line was relatively long.

The ridgeline's suspensio handles the dirt road great. I was able to drive down rutted dirt road at relatively high rate of speed. I had to slow down because 1) I didn' know I was going that fast 2) my caravan was being left behind 3) I didn't want paint damage.

A good buddy of mine went and bought a Ridgeline yesterday morning to evacuate. He has an Acura CL and a Mistu Evo, neither of which are good for evac work with 3 dogs. He walked in, told them he wanted it for invoice for evac, and they agreed. LadyRidge, he bought a silver. :)

Did I mention the nav rocks?

-S

·
Registered
876 Posts
You've got my heartfelt good wishes, Shingles -- I hope all is well when you return home. At least you and your family and your Ridgeline will be safe....

L

·
0 Posts
shingles said:
Props to the nav... all the back roads were on the Nav. We were able to make the trip from Houston to San Antonio in 10 hours, normally a 3.5 hour trip. But apparantly those that were on I-10 were doing it in 12+ hours. This included a 40 minute stop for gas. Line was relatively long.

The ridgeline's suspensio handles the dirt road great. I was able to drive down rutted dirt road at relatively high rate of speed. I had to slow down because 1) I didn' know I was going that fast 2) my caravan was being left behind 3) I didn't want paint damage.

A good buddy of mine went and bought a Ridgeline yesterday morning to evacuate. He has an Acura CL and a Mistu Evo, neither of which are good for evac work with 3 dogs. He walked in, told them he wanted it for invoice for evac, and they agreed. LadyRidge, he bought a silver. :)

Did I mention the nav rocks?

-S
AWESOME. I am so glad you are safe. Please keep us posted and let us know how you are. My prayers and those of my family are with you shingles.
( Nice job good buddy. Great color )
Shingles, make sure he gets to the ROC to allow us to say hi and welcome him to the family.
God Bless,
J.C.
(LR)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Nice job with the Nav. Glad you got out. I've been reading about people trying to get out and driving 10 hours and only getting 20 miles.

Good luck to all those going through Rita.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think I speak for all of us here when I say I hope all will be well and that you get home soon! Lots of positive thoughts are flying south to all in Texas!!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
If there ever was a vehicle for evacuation use the Ridgeline would sure be it. Although I don't have to evacuate, the eye of the storm should be over me after it hits land. I'm about 350 miles from the Texas coast but then the storm will stall over me when it gets inland. We expect lots of wind and rain and maybe some tornadoes will be spawned as well over the next few days. But nothing should happen here as compared to what will happen at first landfall. We shall see - and pray.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Good luck to everyone who's threatened by these hurricanes! Glad to hear the good news about the abilities of our truck to help out in times of need. Shingles, your good friend will definitely have an emotional attachment to his new Ridgeline as it stands ready and capable to get him and his dogs out of harms way.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Ditto what everyone else has said. My thought and prayers are with you and everyone else affected by the hurricanes.

Maybe Jay Lenno was right when he said, "Maybe we shouldn't have taken God out of the Pledge of Allegiance".

L

·
0 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Maybe Jay Lenno was right when he said, "Maybe we shouldn't have taken God out of the Pledge of Allegiance".
I know I sure didn't. :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ditto to everything mentioned. Our hopes & prayers are with you. Arkansas has been recieving many people from both Texas & New Orleans trying to get away from these Hurricaines. Good Luck to you & yor family & frriends.l

1 - 10 of 10 Posts