Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Agreed. Embarrassing. Friday, I saw twice as many RLs outside the designated area than inside. I don't get it. And I bet it will be quite a while before Honda shows us this type of love again.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Too bad there wasn’t a bigger crowd. I think the rather last-minute nature of the promotion here was a significant component of the problem.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Administrator
20,706 Posts
I'd like to add that the price of a single general admission weekend ticket starts $75, so this could be up to a $300 value per Ridgeline owner not including the VIP parking pass, meet & greet, etc.
Agreed. Embarrassing. Friday, I saw twice as many RLs outside the designated area than inside. I don't get it. And I bet it will be quite a while before Honda shows us this type of love again.
I'm sure Honda got a discounted rate, but the retail value for 65 weekend tickets would be $19,500. That's a lot of money for a photo of four Ridgelines parked together. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
A fifth Ridge (Gen 2 sport) pulled in as we were getting ready to head back to the track.
White sport?

I lurk here but I had no clue there was a Ridgeline corral. I had discount tickets through my employer. We were driving through the infield and we planned on parking closer to thunder valley but a guy started waving at me and told us to park there. I told him I didn't have credentials to park in that area and he didn't care. Got two Honda Racing hats out of it.

I bet if you arranged parade laps like they used to with the S2000 guys for Indy weekend you would have a much bigger turnout.

EDIT: After reading though the thread I realize they were free. Charge 20 bucks for them and people might actually show up and not just take tickets because FREE! My employer used to do the same thing and had the same issue. They started charging a few bucks then only serious people would respond.

·
Administrator
20,706 Posts
Welcome, officially, to the Ridgeline Owners Club, @stupidhurts!

It sounds like they were trying to gather as many Ridgelines as they could find. I wonder if they'll Photoshop a composite to make it look like there were more Ridgelines present at one time than there actually were using images of the Ridgelines that came and went?

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E, previous 2017 RTL-E, 2006 RTL
16 Posts
Thanks very much to Ridgeline Owners Club and Honda for the tickets and passes to Mid Ohio. I was only able to spend all day Friday at the lot as our latest granddaughter arrived this weekend. A fair trade for missing out on the rest of the weekend. I did not have to look long to find a buddy to take my spot with his BE on Sunday. Great time had by all. Thanks again.

·
Administrator
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Correction on the middle Ridge = 206,000 miles;)
Ended the day with the same three. A pretty light crowd at the track in general, but it made for easy roaming of the paddock, track viewing places, and attractions.
It's my first time to this venue, but I understand from talking to some folks, it'll be a zoo Saturday and Sunday.

Paddock pass awesomeness...
View attachment 415207 View attachment 415208
View attachment 415209 View attachment 415210

Track and attraction awesomeness...
View attachment 415211 View attachment 415212
View attachment 415213

I'd like to know how many miles on that track safety Ridgeline. I like the brakes/rotors. Wonder what other mods it has.
Great pics, thanks for sharing! Anybody else got some pics to share?

Wondering who was able to make it out as it looks like many parked with the general population instead of the Ridgeline Owners Area.

Roll call if you attended, please.

Jeff

·
Registered
382 Posts
A few more.....

SST final race.
Will Power/Pensky team crash aftermath from paddock
View of pit lane from paddock balcony
Dalton Kellett/AJ Foyt team garage
Ad at track entry
G1 on deflated bags next to my stock G1 (Facebook member waved in to park with us, not ROC guy)
Saturday evening fireworks from the Ridge roof

Again, thanks! The paddock pass was pure gold, especially for my daughter who gleefully watched the post qualifier tear-down and rebuild of the K-Line Foyt car.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

61 - 73 of 73 Posts