Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I like these guys more than most as it pertains to online reviews. I think they did a decent job with the review. I do wish they thrashed it into some turns to highlight the handling, awd system, and unibody. But they came close. For me, one of the best reviews so far of the 2nd gen with some 1st gen commentary as well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Their reviews are always great. They evaluate a vehicle on its intended purpose. Most reviewers do the old "evaluate a fish for how well it climbs trees" type thing. A midsize truck is mostly a lifestyle choice. It's not a "work" vehicle as much as it is a commuter during the week and a DIY or outdoor activity vehicle on the weekends. Their assessment that the the Ridgeline and Passport are really just different configurations of the Pilot is pretty spot on. I bought a Ridgeline because I DIDN'T want a truck. I wanted it to fit in my garage, get acceptable fuel economy, ride nice, handle decently, be safe in all weather conditions, and be comfortable. The fact that I can load my motorcycle in the back and head to the mountains for the weekend is a bonus.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Their reviews are always great. They evaluate a vehicle on its intended purpose. Most reviewers do the old "evaluate a fish for how well it climbs trees" type thing. A midsize truck is mostly a lifestyle choice. It's not a "work" vehicle as much as it is a commuter during the week and a DIY or outdoor activity vehicle on the weekends. Their assessment that the the Ridgeline and Passport are really just different configurations of the Pilot is pretty spot on. I bought a Ridgeline because I DIDN'T want a truck. I wanted it to fit in my garage, get acceptable fuel economy, ride nice, handle decently, be safe in all weather conditions, and be comfortable. The fact that I can load my motorcycle in the back and head to the mountains for the weekend is a bonus.
Agreed. I can load one of my motorcycles in the back (sportbikes) and town my PWC at the same time! It's also the best road trip vehicle I have ever used, and that goes for my G1 or G2 Ridgeline.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Problem is people don't want to be told what they need. Another exercise in trying to define what the RL is. Honda learned long ago with the Accord Crosstour, it was a mistake in naming that's why the Pilot, Passport and RL are mutually exclusive now even though they share the same platform.. Some take offense to the PIlot with a bed concept. Some take offense when folks say the RL isn't a truck. Same thing all over again aside from the sports car metaphor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts