Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Ridgeline84, did you catch what Themagician did to his exhaust.

Quote "Hi guys, first post. I can second that the AEM intake is worth the money. I came from a Ford Sport Trac with V8, K&N intake and Magnaflow exhaust. It rumbled when you started it. When I first drove the Ridgeline off the lot, I was so sad. The truck literally made no noise.

That didn't last long. The day after I took delivery, I went to my local muffler shop who cut off both mufflers (I guess one is technically a resonator) and welded a Magnaflow muffler in place (guessing about a 20 lb. weight savings). It sounded better but once I installed the intake, it really sounded good (especially once the VTEC kicks in like the one poster said). It's not quite like driving a V8 but now I grin when I hit the gas. This thing definitely makes some noise but is still as quiet as stock when cruising on the freeway (except when I kick it down to pass which is frequently"

Attachments

· Registered
15 Posts
Ridgeline84, did you catch what Themagician did to his exhaust.

Quote "Hi guys, first post. I can second that the AEM intake is worth the money. I came from a Ford Sport Trac with V8, K&N intake and Magnaflow exhaust. It rumbled when you started it. When I first drove the Ridgeline off the lot, I was so sad. The truck literally made no noise.

That didn't last long. The day after I took delivery, I went to my local muffler shop who cut off both mufflers (I guess one is technically a resonator) and welded a Magnaflow muffler in place (guessing about a 20 lb. weight savings). It sounded better but once I installed the intake, it really sounded good (especially once the VTEC kicks in like the one poster said). It's not quite like driving a V8 but now I grin when I hit the gas. This thing definitely makes some noise but is still as quiet as stock when cruising on the freeway (except when I kick it down to pass which is frequently"
How did you get the AEM in Cali?

· Registered
184 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.