Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
If the dealer does not have it allocated to him already, prepare for a 3-4 month wait
Sounds like what my dealer said. I grabbed a Pearl White RTL-E with black leather interior pretty much off the truck and the salesman told me, later, that the White/Black RTL-E had quite a long wait as they had not anticipated the demand. Said there was a shorter wait for the White/Tan but even that model might take up to 6-8 weeks at the earliest.

Hopefully, your dealer already had the one you want in their pipeline. You should call them and ask.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My dealer ordered my RTL-e and it was supposedly built on June 23rd. How long after its built before its delivered to the dealer?

·
Administrator
16,088 Posts
My Texas dealer worked out a trade with a Florida dealer for a white RTL-E with black interior. Perhaps the Florida dealer had it on order for some time, because it's supposed to be here in 4 weeks - and it hasn't been built yet.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
My Texas dealer worked out a trade with a Florida dealer for a white RTL-E with black interior. Perhaps the Florida dealer had it on order for some time, because it's supposed to be here in 4 weeks - and it hasn't been built yet.
Definitely was pre-allocated to that dealer.

Congrats on that 'E' White with Black interior. That is what we got and we absolutely LOVE it. Saw the white w/tan leather and were just not struck like we were with the black leather.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Whaaaat? For those of us who have been following all your comments?

·
Administrator
16,088 Posts
Definitely was pre-allocated to that dealer.

Congrats on that 'E' White with Black interior. That is what we got and we absolutely LOVE it. Saw the white w/tan leather and were just not struck like we were with the black leather.
I actually prefer beige leather, but not the way it turns blue from blue jeans. That happened in my G35 over a few thousand miles. I swore to never have beige leather again. My brother's 2016 Civic Touring is doing the same. So, black leather it is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My white RTL-E was ordered on June 21st. Any ideas on how long it will take to come into the dealer?

I ordered the BE on June 20th, I called to checked it at the dealer yesterday and said it's arriving on July 11 but they have to QC and should be ready next day.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I actually prefer beige leather, but not the way it turns blue from blue jeans. That happened in my G35 over a few thousand miles. I swore to never have beige leather again. My brother's 2016 Civic Touring is doing the same. So, black leather it is.
Wow....glad we weren't thrilled with that tan leather as the wife and I wear blue jeans a lot. We used to own a Toyota Avalon with tan leather and I don't really recall that as an issue; however, that was years ago and maybe they've had to change the dyes or something. I do remember her spilling something on the seats once and it did absorb into the light stitching and make it reddish..fortunately, it was in a fold seam and it was not easy to see...

I think you'll be happy with the black...too bad they couldn't have made the seats ventilated, though, like the Pilot Elite. The leather is perforated, so it seems pretty good and the seats are way comfortable, so I can deal with no ventilation/cooling.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Dry jeans discolor the leather? There must be some way to clean/protect it from becoming permanent.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
I have the beige leather. And I wear blue jeans most every day. Do you think having some sort of protection or conditioning put on the seats would prevent the "bluing" you're talking about? Did you have any leather treatment put on your G35?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts

I think you'll be happy with the black...too bad they couldn't have made the seats ventilated, though, like the Pilot Elite. The leather is perforated, so it seems pretty good and the seats are way comfortable, so I can deal with no ventilation/cooling.
My leather is perforated. RTL-E. I'll bet yours is too. Look again next time you have a chance.

Reactions: DSERVIT

·
Registered
12 Posts
My white RTL-E was ordered on June 21st. Any ideas on how long it will take to come into the dealer?
I ordered my modern steel RTL-E on 6/18. It was built last week and has a delivery date of 7/5. Not sure if this is typical or not, so with my luck there will be a delay, but as of now, that is the schedule.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
My leather is perforated. RTL-E. I'll bet yours is too. Look again next time you have a chance.
Ahhh, probably worded it poorly...I did say it was perforated later in the post...It certainly is, and I like that. To bad for $42k they don't have a fan underneath...:frown:

·
Administrator
16,088 Posts
I can't answer your question, but I can give you an example of how long it takes to make it from the factory to the dealer.

I ordered on 6/28, but my order was pre-allocated to an out-of-state dealer that swapped orders with my dealer. It shipped from the factory in Lincoln, Alabama on 6/30, stopped in Birmingham, AL then Kansas City, KS then went from rail to truck in Alliance, TX and was delivered to Tyler, TX 11 days later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts