Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in contact with several dealers here in Georgia, and I'm getting the same response. None of them know when they're getting their G2's! Most all of them are getting only 1 or 2. If they are only getting one, it's the Black Edition! If they're getting 2, it's the Black Edition and a low trim RT or RTS! All of the 'first drive' videos were RTL-E's, and now nobody is getting one! Looks like I'll be waiting a few more months before I can buy! Oh well, maybe I can save up a few more $$$!!

· Registered
80 Posts
I'm here in a suburb 20 miles from Detroit. My dealership is getting two RLs in on June 10th. A white RTL-T and a silver RTL-E. I just put $100 deposit on the RTL-E. I'm really stoked! Now I've just got to figure out the best way to sell my 2012 RTL. Any advice?

· Registered
107 Posts
I have been in contact with several dealers here in Georgia, and I'm getting the same response. None of them know when they're getting their G2's! Most all of them are getting only 1 or 2. If they are only getting one, it's the Black Edition! If they're getting 2, it's the Black Edition and a low trim RT or RTS! All of the 'first drive' videos were RTL-E's, and now nobody is getting one! Looks like I'll be waiting a few more months before I can buy! Oh well, maybe I can save up a few more $$$!!
I have talked to two dealers near Birmingham, Al. One is getting 8 Gen 2s and the other is getting 3. The first dealer already had deposits on 4 of the 8 and the second does not have any deposits yet. The second one is getting 1 FWD RTL-T in Silver, a Red RTL and a Black Edition but they won't get them until late June early July.

· Registered
32 Posts
Honda Ridgeline | Sales Targeted at Record Levels | Technology content from WardsAuto

"Honda assembled a record 363,419 units at the Lincoln plant in 2014 and built 349,703 vehicles there last year. Straight-time capacity for the plant is 350,000, so if Pilot and Odyssey production continues at the current pace, extra capacity, or a complete shift of the MDX to Ohio, likely would be necessary to support 50,000 annual sales of the Ridgeline."

While Honda currently has unspecified “modest (sales) expectations” for the Ridgeline, Jeff Conrad, group vice president-Honda Div., asks, “If we did 50,000 of the old one, could we start to approach that number?

“We could come close to that, but we’d certainly have to look around at what our capacity is.” Honda already is constrained at its Lincoln, AL, plant building the Honda Odyssey minivan and Honda Pilot and Acura MDX CUVs. The hot-selling Pilot’s days’ supply was a slim 25 at the end of last month, WardsAuto data shows, well below the 71-day industry average for light trucks.

· Premium Member
484 Posts
So I guess the production is creeping by at the break neck pace of 1 per day? Are these things being built by hand??? I think Ferrari has a quicker assembly line!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm not an expert in this stuff. However, a few things come to mind.
- Once they come off the line they are probably going through some extensive quality checks. Ford has built cars and held them in lots for months until they were (fairly) sure things were "just right."

- I believe that sometimes they will release an initial batch of cars to early adopters (a.k.a. beta testers). They see what problems they have before they release or build additional units.

- I think that factories typically start slow and then speed up the process ones the build team is more comfortable with their jobs.

IMHO the only thing worse than waiting to release a car is releasing it with a bunch of problems. Those problems then have to be fixed in the field. The car then gets reviews with words like "problem-plagued." "company issues another recall," etc. The vehicle line itself is questioned and it hurts the company for years.

· Registered
34 Posts
Bingo. Everyone from gun manufacturers to toy makers do this. Start off with a trickle for many reasons. If and when a problem is found, and God forbid a recall is needed, they aren't out as much money, and can easily take care of it.

This is all good for me. I'm looking at late summer early fall for many reasons. But I'm still bummed I have to get the all out LTE version just to get a moonroof and exciters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.