Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and searched both on HOC and the net and cannot come up with what I am looking for. I've seen many people recommend http://www.ttt-mirror.com/ however that is a bit more than what I'm looking for. What I want is a slip-on mirror extender that can be used when pulling my 2 place covered snowmobile trailer. I have hooked it up and can see OK but I know in certain places you can get pulled over for not having an extended mirror on.

I am looking for something similar to this (click). I would like black or color matched and want them to be easy to slip on/off.

Any thoughts or am I out of luck for now?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DoctorJ said:
Perhaps you should send a message to CIPA about developing a slip on mirror for the Ridgeline.
I just did. I also called JC Whitney and got the prod. development number but have not had a second to call yet. I'm gonna do that now.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
We just have the generic ones with the straps. I'd never seen any that slip on like the ones you are looking for. We'd be interested in them too, so if you find them, be sure to come back and post.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too would be still interested in a pair of extended mirrors for pulling my sleds, but have not been successful in finding them. Let me know if you succeed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the update. :mad:

Called JC Whitney and they are not selling/making anything at this time. I called the owner of a local trailer shop that I know and she just got back from the SEMA show and said they will have them but usually it takes a year and a half from the time a car/truck is released before specific aftermarket parts are released. She is going to call me when she hears anything.

I'll keep everyone updated if/when I hear something.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Visit your local U-Haul or a Camper / trailer dealer. You could also visit some camping web sitses like the Good Sams club or google for camping clubs. If they don't have them I bet that they could point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
492 Posts
msunickb said:
Here's the update. :mad:

Called JC Whitney and they are not selling/making anything at this time. I called the owner of a local trailer shop that I know and she just got back from the SEMA show and said they will have them but usually it takes a year and a half from the time a car/truck is released before specific aftermarket parts are released. She is going to call me when she hears anything.

I'll keep everyone updated if/when I hear something.
Any Luck yet? I need them when pulling my 6x12 enclosed

·
Registered
201 Posts
If your towing or pulling anything I reccomend U-Haul at least to compare prices.I tow lots and have had lots of rigs the mirrors on the Ridge are exemplorary.Camperworld has convex crescent mirrors for like $22 they screw-clamp and are adjustable after installing.
hope this helps,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm...here's the disappointing update.

From email response:
"Thank you for your email. This is a universal item and more information can be found on the vendor website for 11960 here:

http://www.cipausa.com/General%20%20Tow%20Files/11960%20Universal%20Towing%20Mirror%20Flyer.pdf" (PDF)

You'll notice that the PDF she sent is for a completely different mirrow. I responded and her response was:
"Thank you for your email. The Cipa part number is the same 11960 for our item ZX489432P."

Not sure but it appears, no luck again.

Sorry.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Extended mirrors for me is not that big of problem....usually you can adjust to the size of the trailer your pulling or by adding the convex mirrors. I just wish they were a little larger from factory so i could put a larger convex mirror on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been looking for some too. We recently bought a pop up tent trailer with an AC unit on top that blocks any view from the rear view mirror. I can't see a small vehicle directly behind me. I have read some mixed reviews about the mirrors that just slide over the existing ones. The people that don't like them have said they vibrate too much so you can't see anything anyway, or they have fallen off while going down the road. Then they either scratched the side of the truck and/or got run over by another vehicle. Some people love them and have had no problems. I think every review was from somebody that had either a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The aftermarket mirror companies have the flawed logic that:

"people only tow with Ford, GM, or Mercedes_Benz. thus we won't make mirrors for any other make or model of truck or SUV."

I had the same problem with my Toyota.

Grrrrr

·
Registered
44 Posts
So that's it? There's nothing for towing mirrors for a Ridgeline? That's pathetic! I mean, I can't believe HONDA hasn't answered this call yet.
Pfffft. :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts