Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently had a very bad experience with Honda Plus and Parkway Honda in Toronto.

To make a long story short, I had three problems that were initially declined by Honda Plus and Parkway Honda even though my van had extended warranty coverage.

After visiting two dealerships four times in one month and numberous phone calls to Honda Plus, it turned out that Honda Plus screwed up big time with their computer system. Basically no updates were made to the online system that the SA's use so all the parts were listed as covered under the factory 3yr/60000km only.

If you had a similar experience please chime in. I think something should be done for people to recover their costs that should have been paid by Honda Plus.

What I am also mad is that Parkway Honda is so incompetent. They did not even take the effort to chase down the issue. Meanwhile they are selling the extended warranty.

Two thumbs up to Number 7 Honda. Everyone I dealt with over there is very professional and courteous, and they solved my problems!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Not to side with anybody on this issue but, the truth is that most dealers are lazy when the time comes to update their computer servers with dealer updates, technical service bulletins and the like.

Generally, this falls within the responsibility of the service manager so as to keep abreast of what Honda Canada is doing.

Many years ago & before the internet, I remember bringing in sensitive "For dealer use only" bulletins to my VW dealer parts guy so that I could get "free" parts from them. In many cases, the parts people themselves had to call in to VW in Scarborough to verify the authenticity of the document. They really had egg on their face but the truth was that they simply had no clue as to what was happening.

My Honda dealer had no inkling as to what the Tranny TSB update was. Finally, the S.A. downloaded the software from Honda Canada into the HDS computer and they performed the TSB on my truck. This was no negligence on their part but simply laziness.

In the end, I'm glad it worked out for you.:)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Glad your issues were resolved by another dealer, I have had minor warranty(not extended)work done by Parkway without a problem....BUT, I have noticed their customer service going down hill in recent years.
I too have 7 yr/160,000K extended warranty, lets hope I'll never need it;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear TDOTHonda,

My name is David Sharma from Parkway Honda and wanted to apologize for the lack of service and the slow response time that you received at Parkway Honda in Toronto. I would like to correct your situation and would ask that you contact me at [email protected] OR 416-575-2671

We pride ourselves on servicing customers and hope that we can prove to you that we can correctly service your Honda vehicles from here on.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Wow... I have never seen a dealer chime in to try to rectify a situation. Wonder what other Canadian dealer does that. Let's hope they put their money where their mouth is.

·
Super Moderator
22,569 Posts
Better late than never, eh? :D

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
Oh, man... I am SO embarrassed FOR Parkway Honda after reading this thread regardless of the OP's situation. Five years later? Really?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
According to his Linked In profile, Mr. Sharma does not even work for Parkway. He did in 2006. He appears to be a marketing consultant or agent of some type, and may or may not be contracted by Parkway. Perhaps Parkway is trying to improve their image. Too little, too late?

5 years later.... wow. You gotta laugh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts