Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just put a deposit on an RTS and we are picking it up next week :D ! Please give us your opinion on purchasing an extended warranty. Is it worth the money? Seems very expensive. Not much discounting. Yet this is a first year model.

We really appreciate your response and advice. Can't wait to pick up the RL. We plan to drive up to Penn State for a College Search with our son.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I too had the same dilemma. I did finally opt to get the Honda care package 6/100,000 because of all the electronics ( Nav - XM - 4WD etc.) After some playing "hard to get" with the dealer I went from the original $1,795 to $1,050. SOLD! I've spent money on on dumber things in the past, but the piece of mind for me is priceless. If you're going to finance the truck, put it in the payments and you won't feel it as much!

·
Registered
205 Posts
mnmpa said:
We just put a deposit on an RTS and we are picking it up next week :D ! Please give us your opinion on purchasing an extended warranty. Is it worth the money? Seems very expensive. Not much discounting. Yet this is a first year model.

We really appreciate your response and advice. Can't wait to pick up the RL. We plan to drive up to Penn State for a College Search with our son.
My dealer wanted $2295 for the 7yr 100,000 mile Honda Care warranty. I didn't bite, so the finance manager came down to $1300, or so, and I still passed on it. I've seen it for $1075, I believe, if you do a search on here. It is well worth the money if you ever need to use it for any major repair, but, as with any insurance policy, it's money down the drain if you never need it. How good a poker player are you?

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
mnmpa said:

I was going to purchase an extended warranty from the dealer. When I went to pick up the check from my credit union, I was told by the lending agent that my own car insurance sold extended warranties for an additional 3 years on top of the factory warranties and I saved $500.00! Check out Mercury Insurance Group.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Toobuku said:
...my own car insurance sold extended warranties....
Bump, my car insurance also offers extended warranties ( I have GEICO). Sorry but I had to disable the bold. It's almost as bad as all CAPS. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I took out the extended warranty with Honda Care it's expensive and yes I paid $1800 for the 7/100,000 but since this is a first year run I wanted the peace of mind that would offer just in case. I also have Geico insurance and it offered me their warranty program for $46.00 extra each 6 months so $92.00 per year. Not bad and this covers glass breakage and some other things too. I carry a $500.00 deductable on my vehicles and with this if I need a new windshield it only costs me $50.00. I even saved this amount because I had it scheduled to be installed at my home and the glass company called and asked me to come into the shop and they would waive the $50.00 deductible, so I did and got the install for $0. I had to replace a windshield in my other vehicle and that alone saved me 289.00 so like all things it's just in how lucky you feel or what risk your willing to take or fell comfortable with. Not too worried about Honda products they are well designed but there have been some problems. Plan on keeping this SilverRidge till the 100,000 miles and at least for 10 years anyway... by then the new model should have lots more improvements so as it stands now I'm looking for a new Ridgeline in the year 2015/16.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Do a search on this site. There is Honda Care warranty available for less thru a ROC member. It will probably show up at the bottom of the page (Christn) as similar threads..... ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, we appreciate everyone's input. I will try contacting Christn for more details.

mnmpa (Mike)

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
bongus said:
Bump, my car insurance also offers extended warranties ( I have GEICO). Sorry but I had to disable the bold. It's almost as bad as all CAPS. :)
No worries! Your eyes are probably younger than mine are! :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Toobuku said:
I was going to purchase an extended warranty from the dealer. When I went to pick up the check from my credit union, I was told by the lending agent that my own car insurance sold extended warranties for an additional 3 years on top of the factory warranties and I saved $500.00! Check out Mercury Insurance Group.
hey, me too.....i financed through my c.u. and they sold extended warranties and the warranter is mercury insurance. i too saved 500 bucks ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts