Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who has the best prices for extended warranties? I'd like to get one but my local dealers are too high in price. Are their other Honda dealers around the country that offer discounts. Yamaha would do this when I owned their bikes, I would always buy my extended warranty from a dealer in TX or LA, they would offer great discounts.

Thanks
________
Wendie 99

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would not waste my money to purchase a Honda Warranty. I have a 2006 and I purchased a 6 yr 120K Warranty. 52 months later and 135K did not get to use the warranty. Could have saved my self $1400.00

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I would not waste my money to purchase a Honda Warranty. I have a 2006 and I purchased a 6 yr 120K Warranty. 52 months later and 135K did not get to use the warranty. Could have saved my self $1400.00

I'm not too concerned about the motor and the tranny. But if the Navi were to crap out on my that could run into some big bucks. I keep most of my cars trucks for 5-6 years and a 100K.
________
Eckankar forums

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
This may be a dumb question, and I think I know the answer to it already, but is there any way to extend an extended warranty? I have approximately 14K miles left on my extended warranty and, all things being equal, it will expire about this time next year. I wouldn't mind having that extra piece of mind of having a warranty, as I plan on driving my RL until the wheels fall off...or I can afford to buy a new one...whichever comes first...:act024:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I don't believe honda corporate offers an extended extended warranty but I know there are plenty of 3rd party companies out there that offer them, and with Hondas typically being so reliable they are relatively inexpensive when compared to say a GM.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can buy the Honda extended warranty from any Honda Dealer in the United States, not just your selling dealer. Try to contact a dealer's GM directly online :act024:to avoid the sales commission.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
31 Posts
Who has the best prices for extended warranties? I'd like to get one but my local dealers are too high in price. Are their other Honda dealers around the country that offer discounts. Yamaha would do this when I owned their bikes, I would always buy my extended warranty from a dealer in TX or LA, they would offer great discounts.

Thanks
____
Wendie 99
I would like to know the same thing- and also how many purchasers are opting for the Honda (premium, platinum, whatever) warranty which presumably goes from years 4 thru 10 with the same coverage as the factory 3/36 does.......? Given the complexity of the tech on the 2020 RTL-E I am wondering if this time I should..... If I recall the price quoted at the time of sale was $2600. I've never purchased an extended warranty, on anything.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
679 Posts
For Honda Care, max is 8 years and you can chose 100K or 120K miles limit. You can also chose no deductible or $100 detectable. Hyannis Honda is about the best price available and very easy to deal with. I went for 8 years, 100K miles with no deductible and it was $1,240.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
For Honda Care, max is 8 years and you can chose 100K or 120K miles limit. You can also chose no deductible or $100 detectable. Hyannis Honda is about the best price available and very easy to deal with. I went for 8 years, 100K miles with no deductible and it was $1,240.
Same here, same deal, same dealer.

One dealer wanted $3K but they were willing to discount and only screw me for $2,500 cause the salesperson “asked” as a personal favor.

The dealer that sold the truck said “their warranty was better than Honda Care”. (3rd party contract, sold in house)
This sale is predominately done in the Finance Mgr.’s office & he was pissed that I didn’t purchase it, he also didn’t like the fact I was paying cash. It was so obvious. I couldn’t understand why it took him 30 some minutes to get the word “NO”.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline Touring -- "Pearl"
21 Posts
I am in Canada and I we just purchased a 2020 Ridgeline Touring edition. On extended warranties I usually do not purchase these but with the amount of electronics in this vehicle I figured I better. The dealer ended up selling me a plan from 1st Canadian rather than the Honda extended warranty. The deciding factor was his statement that the Honda Canada extended warranty would not be honoured when/if I travelled in the states and had a breakdown. Since I live 15 km's from the border, before COVID and After COVID we will probably be travelling in the states. This was a deciding factor in us not choosing the Honda extended warranty. Can anyone verify this for me before I ask Honda Canada?

Thanks in advance. Love the truck, hate the pressure sales tactics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts