Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who bought or are in the process of buying, did you buy an extended warranty? Why/why not?

·
Registered
51 Posts
We did payed $1995 for 7yrs/100k 0 deductable Honda warranty . We felt that due to this is being a first year truck the the potiental for problems down the line . It includes rentacar coverage during the invetable recalls . Honda's history with transmission problems are famous and this trany is to tow 5000 lbs .

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I used the same logic when I got an extended warranty on my '05 Ody.

I will probably use the same logic on my new Ridgeline.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
There's a dealer you can call and get it for $25 over cost which should be $1075 for the 7/100/0. Got my Ody warranty from them. He is very popular over at odyclub.com. PM or email "Christn" to get your HondaCare warranty. He posted in the message below this one. Just click on his member name link to PM or email.

·
2,346 Posts
Thanks Vertrkr for the info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Conchflats might have saved $920 if the inquiry was posted prior to warranty purchace. We all might learn from this expensive example.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ouch ! That hurts . Live and learn . The Dealer Poway Honda was selling at MSRP but was very tight on dealing down the costs of the accessories . I did not know that you could purchase the Ext. Warranty from another Honda dealer after the purchase.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
conchflats said:
I did not know that you could purchase the Ext. Warranty from another Honda dealer after the purchase.
HondaCare warranty can be bought from any dealer at anytime and will be honored at any Honda dealer. The price does go up some if you wait to long after you buy the car, something like after a year if goes up 60 bucks or something like that.

You also can cancel the warranty you bought and get this one. Check the contract. You can get a full refund if you apply within 30 days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
vertrkr said:
HondaCare warranty can be bought from any dealer at anytime and will be honored at any Honda dealer. The price does go up some if you wait to long after you buy the car, something like after a year if goes up 60 bucks or something like that.

You also can cancel the warranty you bought and get this one. Check the contract. You can get a full refund if you apply within 30 days.

I own am Element and a Nissan Quest. I use GEICO's MBI (mechanical breakdown insurance) which has the same coverage as most extended warantees. It costs me $35 a year! With MBI, you pay as you go, not all up front, as in an extended warantee, that way, if you sell the car, you didnt pay for something you wouldnt use. Under MBI, you take the car to any certified mechanic/shop, and get reimbursed. There is a $250 deductible. If interested, check the GEICO website.....

·
2,346 Posts
Elementking, do you have to have GEICO auto insurance to get this coverage?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Something similar to this happend with the TL's. A accura dealership outa state offered their Extened warrenties online for MUCH cheaper prices then what the rest of the dealers were offering. and it was the same Acura Exteneded warenty that was being offered for $1000 more. He used it as barganing power when he went to the table.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts