Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Exterior appearance: ugly or beautiful?

• I initially liked its looks, but over time I've grown to hate it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I initially was indifferent to its looks, but over time I've grown to hate it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few things I might change but I've always liked how the Ridgeline looks. Some, however, initially thought it ugly but then grew to like it, and others may be totally indifferent. Into which category does your opinion fall?

·
Registered
774 Posts
I love the exterior lines of my truck. As far as I'm concerned it is the BEST looking truck on the market bar none!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
When I was shopping for a new vehicle, the RL's front end is what caught my eye. It is my favorite view of the truck. The angled look on the bed isn't all that appealing to me but I don't necessarily dislike it. I'm hoping for a bed topper that will compliment the overall appearance of the truck but it won't break my heart to drive it as is for the next ten years. :)

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
RTLofatruck said:
I love the fact that it looks different from the rest.
One thing that can't be disputed is the head turning power of the RL. Whether one loves or hates the look, it still demands to be looked at. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Building on this post...
Has anyone put on a canopy??
Are they available?
Mj

G

·
RTLofatruck said:
I like the way it looks. I love the fact that it looks different from the rest.
Welcome to the ROC family RTLofatruck. ( catchy name ya got there ) We're glad you joined our little club. Congrats and enjoy the ride!!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I love the looks of the truck except for the front when looking straight onto it. I want to get the chrome bumpers, as I think that makes it look a lot better but no go so far.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I almost had an accident the first time I saw a Ridgeline. I was on the freeway when I saw it on my right side. I almost rear ended the car in front of me! When I saw the Honda emblem on the front, I said no way! I was hooked ever since! :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Even after 7 months of ownership, I still look back at it when I walk away. People still turn their heads on drive by and I still get people asking me about it in parking lots. When it's freshly cleaned, the red with all the black accessories (running boards, shields, mudguards, etc.) is very striking.

·
Registered
774 Posts
It's one of the most unique looking vehicles on the road today (but in a good way, unlike that Scion thing that looks like a box on 4 wheels-ugggllllyyyy)!

·
Registered
269 Posts
It's one of the most unique looking vehicles on the road today (but in a good way, unlike that Scion thing that looks like a box on 4 wheels-ugggllllyyyy)!
I emphatically agree - the first time I saw one I said "What the hell is that hideous thing?" No offense to anyone here that has one, but I just don't get it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I won't vote , the looks were not that important? Well, as long as they were not ugly. IT WAS THE RIDE!!!, I agree with Dr.J.:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Who cares? We ride inside.

Excellent poll though with the many choices. But you still don't have enough. I chose Indifferent/Indifferent, but would choose Conflicted/Conflicted or Ambivalent/Ambivalent if it were there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
From the first day I saw it in the service department of my local Honda dealer I loved it. I was hoping it would be "BIG' enough to satisfy my need for a truck and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of it. It was also colored green and only a RTS but my wife and I knew immediately we wanted it. But I would only buy it in black and waited two weeks for mine to come in. I still bought the first one from this rather large dealer in westchester and I have never had a single problem or doubt since. Took delivery 3/23/05 in the last snow storm of the year at 5p.m and had to do a 12/8 tour that midnight driving it 65 miles round trip in 4 inches of snow!!! God I love this truck!!!:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
How 'bout the...
"I thought it looked weird just like ALL those strange 4-door non-trucks, but then when I saw it had a trunk it seemed better looking somehow and after driving it, it was all of a sudden extremely attractive!"
...choice?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Could not believe Honda was building a truck. Started seeing pictures around the first of the year. The RL is so quirky you gotta love it or not. I love it. Got mine October 2005, nighthawk black RTL. Wife loves it too. Guess our Pilot will sit even more now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts