Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a month of ownership, I finally added the things I really wanted for my RTS. The only install I did myself were the rear mudflaps (thanks to some encouraging words from other ROC folks). Pinstriping was the only thing I went to the dealer for. Everything else was done at a custom shop or hitch shop.

rear mud flaps
pinstriping
rear view camera
hitch
front driving lights
hot wired electrical outlets

jam

Attachments

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Can you tell me more about the rear view camera?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The camera is called PlateCam by a company called Crimestopper. It's cnx to a detachable 5" color monitor made by Farenheit. The camera automatically turns on when reverse is engaged and turns off all other times. I had the installer place a toggle switch in one of the empty switch positions to the left of the steering wheel so I can manually activate the camera in any gear position. So far, I like it very much.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,230 Posts
I really like the Front Driving Lights, They look as if they fit real nice, who are they by, where did you get them?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carsmak said:
I really like the Front Driving Lights, They look as if they fit real nice, who are they by, where did you get them?

They're KCC 516's. The custom shop ordered them and installed them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What's on your front plate? Is that just part of the plate frame/holder? I really like the driving lights--they look great!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nwdiver said:
What's on your front plate? Is that just part of the plate frame/holder? I really like the driving lights--they look great!
That thing on the front plate is an EZ Pass toll transmitter. It's for automated toll paying along the East coast's highways, bridges and tunnels.

·
Registered
964 Posts
jam2004 said:
That thing on the front plate is an EZ Pass toll transmitter. It's for automated toll paying along the East coast's highways, bridges and tunnels.
Did they change it? It used to go inside the window of the car. Or at least it did a couple of years ago when I lived in NJ. I"d be worried having it on the license plate that someone would steal it.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Very nice, Jam2004. I've been debating between back-up sensors or aftermarket backup camera..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kellcut said:
Did they change it? It used to go inside the window of the car. Or at least it did a couple of years ago when I lived in NJ. I"d be worried having it on the license plate that someone would steal it.
No. Most people still have it on suction cups on the windshield. I thought about the theft issue, but it wasn't getting good reads through the toll machines. And besides, people in NJ don't steal things from each other. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
meanmachine19 said:
Very nice, Jam2004. I've been debating between back-up sensors or aftermarket backup camera..... :rolleyes:
Kinda pricey, but I think it's worth it (little daughter and little dog tend to be obscured).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jam,
I am looking at getting a license plate cam like yours or making a custom mount under the handle using a small kawa lipstick style camera. Since the license plate is so low, how much can you see? Did you compare it to the factory camera view by any chance?

I would image you can see your bumper in the middle, but what about the edges?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hkmail1 said:
Jam,
I am looking at getting a license plate cam like yours or making a custom mount under the handle using a small kawa lipstick style camera. Since the license plate is so low, how much can you see? Did you compare it to the factory camera view by any chance?

I would image you can see your bumper in the middle, but what about the edges?

Thanks,
Kevin
The installer had to snip off about a 1/2 inch of license plate to get the license plate frame to fit without getting mashed by the gate. He a very neat job. I've never scene the factory view, but my view shows a small part of the balck rubber step just under the license plate and the rest is a very clear wide angle view.

·
Registered
63 Posts
any chance you can take a picture of the mounting system used for the driving lights? I am assuming they drilled into the front crossmember which is about 2 3/4" thick boxed channel.....did they drill through it and just run a long bolt and nut it from the bottom? Drilling a structural crossmember is risky..especially with the very light gauge steel used nowadays to keep vehicle weight down. I'd be curious to see what they did....I have wanted to add some driving lights for a year now and that crossmember is literally the only piece of steel in the front end to mount them to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts