Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone notice there is an extra connector sticking out from the 32-pin connector on the back of the DVD player on 2014 SE, which is located under the driver seat?

They both are in gray color. The 32-pin is connected to the DVD player but the one in question is not connected to anywhere. What is it for? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for any response.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
I wondered that too.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
I saw that when putting on my seat covers and hoped it could be for connecting up headrest monitors. Hopefully someone has the answer.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, Heli ATP, for your promptly reply. I think that is the connector in your picture. I have been searching for an answer but no luck so far. I am confident that there are experts here that would give a satisfied answer.

Thanks a bunch in advance to whoever you are !!! :)

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
For what it's worth, you could probably get somebody who knows how to read a schematic to look at it in your service manual (if you've got one) to tell you what that's identified for. At least I would think the schematics would reflect the harness configurations.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, Dnick. Though I don't possess a copy of the service manual yet, I'm just searching for one online. It'd be helpful if an expert here could share it with us since service dept. at a local dealership is not accessible on that kind of question.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
Can someone check to see if this grey connector in the center of the pic above is in other models of the RL besides the SE? It is under the driver seat, visible from the rear. You may have to unclip the plastic trim.
Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've found its description and functionality:

It is a port that will be used with a special connector (SCS Service Connector) to diagnosis the Navigation Unit when needed. This ultimately can only be used by Honda dealership or its authorized auto shops.

Heli ATP, I believe it is in all models that have factory Navigation System. I would, however, admit that I'm wrong if someone can prove it. ;)

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts

It is a port that will be used with a special connector (SCS Service Connector) to diagnosis the Navigation Unit when needed. This ultimately can only be used by Honda dealership or its authorized auto shops.

Heli ATP, I believe it is in all models that have factory Navigation System. I would, however, admit that I'm wrong if someone can prove it. ;)
Oh well :-( Thanks anyway!

·
Administrator
16,327 Posts

Correct - it is in all Ridgelines with navigation. SCS = Service Check Signal. Many components on the Ridgeline can be put into a diagnostic mode by shorting various SCS terminals on their connectors. For the navigation system, it does the same thing as holding MENU, MAP/GUIDE, and CANCEL for about 5 seconds. If the DATA+ terminal of the SCS is shorted to ground or to the DATA- terminal, the component goes into the diagnostic mode. There is no other function.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts