Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've switched from the OEM truck bed cover to a bakflip X4s coming sometime next week. However this means I can't run a nylon loop from the tie down hook in the book around to the top of the tonneau cover anymore. I will need to install a tie-down point on the top of the truck bed rails to secure my boats in the back. I know looking through installs for ladder racks that there are some threaded holes in the top of the bed rail frame but this needs to be drilled out through the plastic bed rail cover. Any ideas on measuring spot to drill through and thread/bolt size?

Has anyone had success adding an eyebolt or other tiedown point to the top of the bed rails?

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can easily locate the anchor point by taking the bed rails off. To take it off you have to use a flat screw driver to pop the oval tab on the back of the bed rails off. Then you take the screw out and slide the bed rail back and it should come off. Be careful not to pull up because the tabs will break. When you have the bedrails off you'll find pre made mounting points. I can't remember the size and pitch of the nuts.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
1,018 Posts
This is one of many threads on this subject.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
This is one of many threads on this subject.

I have installed rails inside - they work great and I recommend them, but they won't help tie down a boat with the bed cover on and closed ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.