Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm looking for the latest info on towing a trailer (5x8 single axle) with EZ Pass (in NY and PA). I couldn't find much help on the EZ Pass websites.

Do I have to go though manned booths, or can the system tell what I'm towing and bill me accordingly?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Guys, I'm looking for the latest info on towing a trailer (5x8 single axle) with EZ Pass (in NY and PA). I couldn't find much help on the EZ Pass websites.

Do I have to go though manned booths, or can the system tell what I'm towing and bill me accordingly?

Thanks a lot!
I never go through a manned both while towing nor do I ever see anyone else doing so with EZ pass. And I tow quite a bit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I trailer quite a bit. Mostly from NY to VA, or up into the Adirondacks.

I used to always just go through the highest speed option with my trailers. Then one day I got a letter from EZPASS that my account was terminated for skipping out on the toll.

I read on EZPASS NY websight that you must go through a manned booth in NY, but not in the other states I frequent(every state has different rules fro trailers with EZPASS).

Last night I stopped and talked to the booth attendant at a toll in NY. With a trailer you may enter a toll road at any EZPASS option. When you exit however you must go through a manned booth, and they will correct the toll to include the trailer. On a bridge you must go through a manned booth.

For years I never had problems going with the high speed options, and then one day, EZPASS suspended me.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
I had an e-mail exchange with Pa EZ Pass concerning towing. They tell me in Pa you just go through the EZ Pass lane. The lanes are set up to weigh and count axles and adjust pricing accordingly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well I don't want to steer anyone wrong so I guess I have been very bad going through the Ezpass lanes with a trailer. Opps. Oh well looks like I need to go through the maned lanes from no on. Damn!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Here is the exact reply from the Pa EZ Pass System

You can use E-ZPass and add a trailer or camper or a boat to your vehicle. The system will weigh the vehicle and count the number of axles to charge accordingly. On the Pennsylvania Turnpike, if the weight of the camper or trailer or boat pushes you into a higher class of vehicle, the higher toll will be charged to your account. If you are traveling on other E-ZPass agency toll roads or bridges, please contact the appropriate agency for further information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.