Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure which forum this should go in. I'm actually having an issue with a hitch scan device that plugs into my 7-pin connector to provide power to the sensor/transmitter device that mounts in the hitch receiver. The chime that plugs into the cigarette lighter beeps when I start the truck, but nothing happens when I put it into reverse. I checked the voltage on the pin for the backup light and I get nothing. The actual backup lights in the truck work fine, however.

I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if other wires were somehow destroyed when I installed the hitch a few months ago. Here's that thread. I think I did a pretty decent job of soldering, heat-shrinking, and then wrapping the finished product, and the 4-pin connector worked fine when I towed a utility trailer last month. That said, the 4-pin doesn't have reverse... Any ideas? I'm not sure what those wires do that I repaired, or where else I can check.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
Be sure your plug for the power outlet is programmed properly for the hitch scan. I thought mine was broke too unilt I purchased a new one. When I installed the new one I had to program it. Then I said I wonder if I program the old one....and it worked. My new unit is on the shelf till the old one gives out. If you need instructions let me know and I can post them.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention that I also tried reprogramming the sensor before I got out the multimeter. The procedure was successful according to the directions, but no change.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
It might be easier to try the HitchScan in another vehicle before you go pulling the wires apart. That way it would only take a couple of minutes to confirm if your wiring is bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts