Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my ridgeline (2006 RTL) and I have been searching EVERYWHERE for an Auxiliary port that usually comes factory in the passenger side dash storage.

I want to keep the factory radio and install the part that usually comes factory, not use an aftermarket part. Any help as to where I could get this part or if I even can get this part would be great. I really want my music back :(

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Reactions: ladyhawk92

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Good to see there are still some options for this issue, I'm sure they are not economical or make much sense compared to an aftermarket HU replacement.

To all wishing to keep a factory radio, from old models, without aux and a CD player that at least could play MP3 files.

The only solution is burn 80 min cd's in a cd format and enjoy the 6 cd changer.

All can can say is good luck, you can throw money at an old outdated radio installing iPod adapters or external modules just to have functionality with some issues besides sound quality.

You will miss, BT streaming, HD radio and USB option not only for mpt3 players but also a simple flash drive for $14 you can have 16gb or up to 32 gb of digital music playback all with display of titles and artist's names.
The CD players also support mpt3 or mpt4 Apple playback of files up to 320kb, meaning up to 70 songs per CD or more, no need for a cd changer.

Might as well buy a new truck assuming the new models offer all those features and the latest technology without limitations.

Dual is a brand that has come a long way in quality with their head units, 2 nice things about many of these units, the phone mirror image screen, and more important, the steering wheel control compatibility built in, besides the remote control included with most aftermarket head units.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am in a similar boat - just purchased a 2008 RTS. Would like the factory aux port. A couple of questions, it looks like part 003 and part 021 are required for the dash. How about from a wiring harness perspective? What would be needed to connect this aux port to the head unit?

Lastly, I have a Tafetta White with the two tone beige interior. Would I need the Warm Gray or Dark Gray parts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking you will also need part 022. If you zoom in you will notice that the shelf that actually sits in part 021 has a notch cut into it to accommodate for the AUX port. So now your looking at part 003, 021, 022 along with whatever wiring harness you may need, if its not included anyway.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I'm thinking you will also need part 022. If you zoom in you will notice that the shelf that actually sits in part 021 has a notch cut into it to accommodate for the AUX port. So now your looking at part 003, 021, 022 along with whatever wiring harness you may need, if its not included anyway.

#22 is the rubber liner. You could always cut that your self.

I am thinking #7 and #23 in this picture is the AUX harness?

http://parts.sonshonda.com/showAsse...2006&ukey_category=21718&ukey_trimLevel=15778

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I am in a similar boat - just purchased a 2008 RTS. Would like the factory aux port. A couple of questions, it looks like part 003 and part 021 are required for the dash. How about from a wiring harness perspective? What would be needed to connect this aux port to the head unit?

Lastly, I have a Tafetta White with the two tone beige interior. Would I need the Warm Gray or Dark Gray parts?

Thanks!
I do believe it is warm gray. I bought dark grey for my dark/light grey interior.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts